1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense $ has gone down? This month 12-13,000 was expecting 14

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Carlos06, Oct 27, 2008.

well i dont know if some of you remembered me but long time ago i came worried because my account was making more money than usually...

well im still with adsense..but i have notice this month has been going down..i started with 450-550 a day..and now i cant pass the 250-290 mark...

right now i have 12,000 for the month...so i will possibly end with almost 13....i was really expecting more..

does someone know why earnings are lower at the end of the month..

Carlos06, Oct 27, 2008 IP
  2. canam

canam Peon

Best Answers:
    I am seeing alot more really low value clicks lately for some reason, it almost seems too coincidental, but I guess it could just be a coincidence.

canam, Oct 27, 2008 IP
  3. NathanCH

NathanCH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are MANY variables that can change in a short period of time. This is expected.

NathanCH, Oct 27, 2008 IP
  4. ryandanielt

ryandanielt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest with you I have noticed this to, last year at this time my sites were earning 20% more then now and the sites have gone up 3 in PR and now have at least 1000 UV's daily more then last year. I think that there is more to the drop then people think, perhaps it could be due to all the click fraud so google has limited certain things.

ryandanielt, Oct 27, 2008 IP
  5. squat

squat Peon

Best Answers:
    I've noticed that this month as a whole my CTR has dropped about 30% compared to all year. I figured it's an anomaly but with what you guys are saying maybe it's a bit more than that. Have you noticed CTR down as well or is it just CPC?

squat, Oct 27, 2008 IP
  6. Daniel591992

Daniel591992 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can it be related to the economy? Just a thought...

BTW, congrats on 400+ a day, that's awesome

Daniel591992, Oct 27, 2008 IP
  7. kallell

kallell Peon

Best Answers:
    May i ask, what site your running to pull in 400 + a day?

kallell, Oct 27, 2008 IP
  8. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Monthly ad budgets can run out towards the end of month and it's common to see lower payouts. Smart pricing can also affect payouts from week to week depending on how your clicks perform for the advertiser compared to other sites.

mjewel, Oct 27, 2008 IP
  9. gisel

gisel Active Member

Best Answers:
    400 a day!!!

How many sites do u have!?

gisel, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  10. Reii

Reii Peon

Best Answers:
    400USD is a lot.I usually get 5$ a day lol.Gratz on that.

Ermm that's a bad news.Maybe it's the economy crisis that is currently occuring?

Reii, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  11. ajparker

ajparker Member

Best Answers:
    It could be the economy and anxiety - however... overall I think online advertising (pay per click in particular) should continue to do well through all this. Businesses will cut excessive costs, but will be looking to get customers in the most effective, efficient way. Contextual advertising is really the answer there.

Where you may see some loss is if companies start deciding to streamline and fine tune their online advertising campaigns. (Eliminating the content network and focusing only on search for instance/ narrowing their keyword matches, etc.)

Most people spend more on Adwords (where all of your adsense content comes from) than they need to. It's easier to spend a lot and do simple targeting than to do good targeting and save some money.

ajparker, Oct 28, 2008 IP