1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdSense fraud - enough is enough!

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Blogmaster, Apr 17, 2005.

1. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    1- That's what ever network does. I don't know what kind of webmaster you are, but normal webmasters join advertising networks like Fasclick, Casalemedia, etc. to publish ads on their sites. If you want to know the specific criteria they use to select their publishers feel free to email them and ask.

2- They don't seem to be able to do it now, do they?

3- Completely wrong. Those mini-cheaters are the ones that are hurting the most.

Want real statistics? Go do a search, I recently posted an article from the Washington Post about this.

fryman, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Thats against their TOS and for a legitimate reason. It doesn't matter if the site owner is clicking on them or not.

yfs1, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  3. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    anything that does not meet the requirements that they have established for being accepted into their program, yes.

Blogmaster, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  4. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    I can see those kids already tell their friends:
    "Dude get a free blog, sign up for adsense, meet me in AOL teen chat and we will all click on each others links to make some dough."

5. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That review is a "quality" review. They're reviewing a site for it's quality. Not to say "gee this site looks like a cheater." How do you think a manual quality review will eliminate click fraud. Are you saying that sites that appear to be "high quality" would never fraud the system?

I read the article. Which came from a news system that does nothing but print stories about bad things. When's the last time the headline or main event on the news was something positive? That news article is filled with people's speculation and 1 court case, which google appears to have caught the frauders ;)

When you have some REAL STATISTICS that show click fraud is actually out of control, then we can talk...

yo-yo, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  6. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Yeah, whatever, this is like trying to explain algebra to a 2 year old...

fryman, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  7. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What you mean is you have no real facts or proof that click fraud is out of control, And you have no real solution to stop it. So you're just here whining. :)

Nobody is disagreeing that click fraud never happens, or that it's not bad.

yo-yo, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  8. yfs1

Best Answers:
    I make my decision for myself and just looking at my AdWords stats tell the story. You couldnt convince me that all the reports in all the newspapers about this are false (There seems to be more stories every day).

yfs1, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  9. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    No, which means I'm not willing to waste my time in such a stupid argument. Want to have a never ending discussion? go have a chat with AC about politics. I made my point, if you can't understand it, too bad.

fryman, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  10. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    It's the trend which is alarming.

11. yfs1

Best Answers:
    And in fact these news stories bring more and more attention to how easy it is and therefore the fraud is growing exponentially. The last month I ran content was an absolute joke. It was my breaking point.

yfs1, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  12. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Yo-yo, we are glad everything is working out well for you, but please don't rely on it staying that way by itself.

13. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not saying there's no click fraud. Or that it can't / isn't a problem.

All I'm saying is if you look at the adsens forum here 1/2 the topics are the same whiny complaining about fraud and cheaters. Why do we need so many topics about the same thing??

Until you can offer a real solution to the problem I don't see the point...

yo-yo, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  14. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    There are so many topics because it concerns and effects so many people here. It's a forum,people are allowed to vent.

wendydettmer, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  15. yfs1

Best Answers:
    This is a huge issue (even if you disagree on it being a huge problem) and you are going to have a lot of threads about it. It affects so many that they come to a high ranked forum to get it out.

It builds awareness and at some point will force Google to meet it head on.

yfs1, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  16. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    not just here, every internet marketing forum has them by now, I believe it does make an impact, the GoogleGuys are reading them and know they cannot ignore it, or it will become worse.

17. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    yo-yo, you/anyone can offer as many solutions as you want. It don't matter jack shit, if it's a problem and google want to do something about it then they will.
    Is there a problem, and if so how big is it ? (yo-yo says give him some stats) What sort of f'in stupid statement is that. Do we look like we all work for google (where are we going to get stats from ??
    The only stats you'll see from outside of google are from people who tried to run advertisers that tried to run content ads.
    You want proof that there's a problem ?
    Check out how many advertisers now refuse to run content - simply ask in here and you'll get a few responses. That's the problem, the less content ads there are, the less diversity of ads on my sites. That's bad for me (as a publisher) and why would someone want to stop running content, simply because there's too many fraudulent clicks to make it worthwhile.

jlawrence, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  18. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For every bloody guy on here that turned content off theres 10,000 more who have it on and don't know the first thing about fraud. Reality is the content ads might perform lower than search ads but that doesn't neccessarily (sp) mean it's b/c of fraud and fraud only.

yo-yo, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  19. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Thats the scary part. All those paying what they think is advertising money while a lot of it is going into conmens pockets.

yfs1, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  20. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    How about stopping discussions on this and not publicising the issue to attract those adsense publishers who are not aware of it... why to attract more experimenting adsense publishers...

maverick, Apr 18, 2005 IP