1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

"ADSENSE for WEBSITE" or "WEBSITE FOR ADSENSE"?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by YoByte, Jul 23, 2005.

My Dear DP Friends,

I started my adsense journey a couple of months ago. I was surprised to see some sites that have absolutely no useful content, even improper grammar just for sake of revenue?

Is this good, I think google shoud ban those websites that are designed aiming at Adsense DOLLARS apart from providing useful content in them...

What do you think?

YoByte

YoByte, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  2. iskandar

iskandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One of the law of wealth says, before you receive, you must give.
    I'm not worried with these pirates, they'll be tired of their own game.

iskandar, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  3. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    There are thousands (millions?) of websites "built for adsense". Annoying but true. It is against the adsense TOS, but that doesn't mean there arn't loopholes...:rolleyes:

ViciousSummer, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  4. BasB

BasB Peon

Best Answers:
    Well you can also build useful sites with good content for adsense ;-) Or there are websites that were just orginally written without money in mind (wow, yeah they are still around ;-)), and after are year they put adsense on it and found out it makes nice money. Can you tell the difference at this moment in time ?

Agreed, sites with use product feeds, scraper sites and the stuff build with e.g. article bot are anoying, however are from a money perspective lucrative. But it will be a short moment of glory for them.

Cheers
    Bas

BasB, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  5. YoByte

YoByte Guest

Best Answers:
    agreed BOSS, but i was speaking about sites that have no useful content....i agree wat you were saying though....

YoByte, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  6. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yep , most users built blogs on blogger [dot] com , and put top paying keywords , tips & tricks about adsense just to get more clicks and such thing ,I did that once but it's not for me .

wissam, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  7. YoByte

YoByte Guest

Best Answers:
    ya i have seen that too....

YoByte, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  8. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    that really sucks ...

wissam, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  9. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I started building a community site before I even knew what adsense is... In the process of getting that started, I have learned a lot about adsense and how it works. I am still in the building stages, and I have ideas for several other sites, but my personal goal is to always focus on the community and content I want first. I am working on sites that I would want to use. Then if I can work advertising in as a means of creating a revenue stream. I intend for the site to always come first and foremost and the advertising second.

aeiouy, Jul 24, 2005 IP
    exam likes this.
  10. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    That will ultimately make you successful :) Congrats you are on the right road.

exam, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  11. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    I think google built the system. They can disable or enable people at anytime if they dont like what they are doing.

The bottom line is when publishers dont like something then something gets done about it. I cant tell you first hand if I write to google from as a normal everyday user reporting a site taking advantage of adsense nothing happens to them.

If I report the same site from my company account with adwords budget to my adwords rep I get results with updates =P

Shoemoney, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  12. TooHappy

TooHappy Guest

Best Answers:
    Adwords rep, this I must try :)

TooHappy, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  13. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    Take care of the people who take care of you.

exam, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  14. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    I don't really understand why anyone cares about what other people are doing,

is it jealously that someone might be getting paid while you are not?

It makes no sense to me , people hate another webmaster , for making a site that isn't up to "standards"

I have datafeed sites, aws sites, etc, they help me afford to live, but some people find it "annoying"

Quick I better go get a job in cubicle somewhere, so that I don't annoy people with my sites.

Frankly I think most peoples sites look like garbage design wise, but it doesn't annoy me, it doesn't suck and I don't wish them ill.

ferret77, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  15. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    believe me I do not care at all unless its my ads on some assholes site that is inflating my budget. Just like google I care the most when it hits my wallet.

I have only complained 1 time in my life and when adsense didnt do anythign about it I pulled my adwords budget. WHen my adwords rep asked me if there was anything they could do I told them I was not going to advertise anymoe until xxxxxx site was delisted from google.

The site has not been completely delisted but for the words I was bidding on its not found.

Shoemoney, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  16. use_your_equity

use_your_equity Peon

Best Answers:
    Just out of interest how much money do you have to be spending to get your own rep? Thanks

use_your_equity, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  17. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:

I agree to that. And then we have people posting sites that are cheating and get idiots posting things like "oh, just leave it to Google, they will deal with it"...
    Yeah, let the cheater continue stealing my money... These scumbags should be exposed like the thiefs they are

fryman, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  18. lingeriediva

lingeriediva Peon

Best Answers:
    Quality leads to traffic and traffic is the only thing which really matters. Right at the moment I have a friend building a very large aggregator site. He's doing it because he really thinks the blogging world needs it. If he is right he'll get traffic and make money on Adsense. If he's not or the site is low quality he will not get the traffic.

It does not matter how you put the content on your site: what matters is that it is useful to a person arriving on the site. I have a few competitors in my niche who just post random keyword nonesense at Blogspot. I'm on page 1, I can't find them...Hmmmm.

lingeriediva, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  19. YoByte

YoByte Guest

Best Answers:
    Good...Same as me....

YoByte, Jul 24, 2005 IP