1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense for fan sites?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by isaiasd2003, Apr 18, 2006.

I've recently noticed alot more people getting adsense & ad sponsors added to their fan sites, such as user/fan movie sites. This bring up the most important legal factor though, if their making money off ads, does this mean the fan site owners must pay up royalties to whatever their vids show, even if they give all the credit to whoever may be due such credit?

Anyhow, besides the legal things involved, it sounds like a pretty good thing for G to get high rates of impressions for their adsense ads. What if your understanding on this subject? Please be detailed. thanks...

isaiasd2003, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  2. MakeItTakeIt

MakeItTakeIt Peon

Best Answers:
    I also have questions about this because I am looking to create some fan site of my own. Does anyone know if you can legally mention the actor/actresses name if you clearly state at the bottom of the site that you are not associated with them. I have seen this on many fan sites but I still wonder the legality of it.

MakeItTakeIt, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  3. liquidboy

liquidboy Peon

Best Answers:
    well if us website owners need to pay then so does google, there also making money off the fansites (celebs in the fan sites)..

liquidboy, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  4. bluemouse2

bluemouse2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    google allows this as far as I know - but I dont know how much do celebrities agree

bluemouse2, Jun 6, 2006 IP
  5. Mayers

Mayers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I own a fan site, keep it mind the tv show is based in Canada so laws are different. I think if they would try to go after anyone for money it would be google, not the owner of the site. Google is making the most money out of it.

Mayers, Jun 6, 2006 IP