1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Experiment

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by ryanturner.com, Jan 28, 2005.

Don't know if this will help anyone out there but... here is what I have recently found out to be the order of operations for ads served by google on my sites.

Case: Relevent Ad not found for that particular page.
    Result: Serves up an ad is deems appriopriate for that domain. This is believed to be based upon previous ads served on that domain before.

Case: Relevent Ad not found for that particular page, AND the domain has not served google ads before.
    Result: It throws up charity ads. Ads for various charities around the world.

I just thought this was interesting... hope it helps someone.

ryanturner.com, Jan 28, 2005 IP
  2. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    I noticed this on my site too, I created a page that was not in the roor directory, and had a random filename, and the Google ads showed the exact same ads that where shown on my main index page.

Josh

Josh, Jan 29, 2005 IP
  3. dchoe

dchoe Active Member

Best Answers:
    the adsense spider should crawl new pages pretty quickly and should have relavant ads within a couple hours or so

dchoe, Jan 29, 2005 IP
  4. riziko

riziko Peon

Best Answers:
    I have just put Adsense on a site and it seems that the site is not spidered by the Adsense (Mediapartners-Google/2.1) bot in the same way as Googlebot works.

It appears that when the page with adsense on it is displayed to a user the adsense bot quickly requests the page if it does not have it cached already. then it shows the ads. I was amazed how quickly it can process the page. You can notice the page requests if you use the Adsense preview tool (and have access to the website logs).

Ross

riziko, Jan 30, 2005 IP