1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense earnings and navigation bar placement. Left or Right?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by PeterA, May 29, 2009.

Hey,

For me a normal website has the nav bar on the left. I'm tossing up whether to use Wordpress or not.

The majority of WP themes have the nav bar on the right hand side of the page. This will allow more space on the left of the page for google adsense ads.

They will be closer to the left of the page, and according to all the heat maps that's where the eyes go and thus a better profit.

But all the blogs have their ads on the right hand side. Does this mean that the heatmaps are no that good and if all the ads are on the right hand side then maybe there is better CTR there not on the left side?

Understand my question???

Peter

PeterA, May 29, 2009 IP
  2. OnInternetBusinessGuide

OnInternetBusinessGuide Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I read some articles about the click performances based on the ads placement. The right bars usually have better click ratio because of how people behave. If a user has to scroll down, in many cases he will pass the mouse cursor over the right bar. Therefore, he is more likely to see the ads and click on them. This is true in most situation, but it is important that you know how you visitors navigate on your website. Ads near navigation elements will be clicked more often.

OnInternetBusinessGuide, May 30, 2009 IP
  3. realfan

realfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I Always Put The Bar In The Right

realfan, May 30, 2009 IP
  4. PeterA

PeterA Guest

Best Answers:
    OIBG, very good point. Yes that makes sense.

I think I might try using a wordpress theme with the right side navigation. And a box in the top left.

Thanks.

PeterA, May 30, 2009 IP