1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Decreasing Rapidly

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by Elyas Ginwalla, Aug 26, 2014.

Hi guys.

I have just bought two new sites and was making approximately 1500$ revenue. Traffic is constant and the same when i bought it, however, my adsense revenue has decreased by half...Does anybody know why this may be the case?

I have been adding content. Not much but at least 8 articles over the last week (6 for one site, 2 for the other). I checked the content but could it be that the content may not be unique?

I have tried contacting the sellers, who have not been v helpful in the past and are not responding currently.

They recently asked me for my WP login, as they said 'one of their ads were on my homepage'? Does anybody think they could have changed something to cause this decrease?

My sites are:
    surgerystar.com
    bestpopularhairstyles.com

If anyone can help, I would be forever grateful, as i don't know what to do!

Elyas Ginwalla, Aug 26, 2014 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    AdSense earnings tend to fluctuate. For how many months have your earnings been going down? If it's one or two, I wouldn't worry much about that yet. Just give it more time. They may get back up again. Meanwhile just keep actively promoting your sites.

qwikad.com, Aug 26, 2014 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @qwikad.com is right about AdSense earnings fluctuating. However, it is also possible that these non-responding "sellers" have hijacked part of your website and its revenues. They have already admitted to mysteriously running one of their ads on your website; who knows what else they are doing without your knowledge? Did the revenues dip shortly after you gave them login access? If they continue to act suspiciously and your revenues continue to suffer, I would seriously consider hiring a programming professional to review your website code and ensure that it is what it is supposed to be.

jrbiz, Aug 26, 2014 IP
  4. Elyas Ginwalla

Elyas Ginwalla Peon

Best Answers:
    its just been deteriorating over the last month. but quite a lot. the sites content has not been updated since june until i did last week. it was making comfortably 50$/day previously. atm, its barely $25.

i guess the thing that is confusing me the most is that the same amount of visitors are coming on the site (traffic is steady), but the revenue on adsense has halved?! Making me think that there may be some alternative reason for the sharp decline..

Sorry to go on but these are the first sites I have ever bought, I invested most of my money in it and within 4 weeks, seems the revenue has just been getting smaller and smaller. Feel like I wasted my money :(

@jrbiz many thanks for the reply.

yes it does seem to have reduced even more since that happened with the sellers.

would you have any idea where i could hire someone decent to have a look and check my site for me?

i have got a very nasty feeling that you may be correct, because in the whole time these sites have been running they haven't experienced a drop like this. seems a bit fishy to say the least..

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Is it possible that the seller artificially inflated revenues to get a higher price from you? It is very hard to be sure that financial statements are true and accurate.

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend anyone, but perhaps someone else on this thread can jump in with suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
    jrbiz, Aug 26, 2014 IP
  6. Elyas Ginwalla

Elyas Ginwalla Peon

Best Answers:
    @jrbiz i doubt that was the case.

one of the sites was vetted by a broker and they logged me into adsense during screen sharing in due diligence. Im pretty certain the revenue was there before, just unsure as to why its disappeared.

Could it be a result of no back linking occurring and/or little/no content being added since June?

7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If the lack of activity or the new articles were hurting you with search engines, traffic would be down. Since your traffic continues at previous levels, it would not seem to be a problem with those issues. I suppose that it is possible that the quality of the traffic dipped dramatically, but usually that is for a reason (e.g., you have changed marketing efforts, etc.) It is a bit mysterious.

jrbiz, Aug 26, 2014 IP
  8. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense will definitely fluctuate from time to time. There can be any number of reasons for this: traffic ups and downs; ads not being completely relevant to your content; ad placement; and many other considerations. If the decrease is recent, just wait it out and see if it gets better; if it has been going on for a longer period of time, check your traffic stats and bounce rate to see if that's the problem. If it's traffic, you may need to work on improving the quality of your content and marketing strategy. If it isn't the traffic, you may want to change the location of your ads to some place more prominent.

Jameyson MacDonald, Sep 5, 2014 IP
  9. verbose

verbose Active Member

Best Answers:
    Right click on your website and look at the source code verify all ads have your adsense id. You can find your number in your account. I am not saying fraud but if you start losing revenue start with obvious.
    Go into account and look back 3 months ago and see what the average click was worth. It is possible that you are smart priced which means the clicks are coming from counties that dont convert
    Finally is the number of clicks down

verbose, Sep 15, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  10. seoxpertz

seoxpertz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Adsense earnings tend to fluctuate. So be patient with it.

seoxpertz, Sep 15, 2014 IP
  11. Tom Frank Christensen

Tom Frank Christensen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My earnings tend to jump up and Down throughout the week from day to day changing all the time.

Tom Frank Christensen, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  12. Adi Saputra

Adi Saputra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    haloo brother your can help me please? :(
    help me improve the blog and of course visitors can add my Google Adsense income. My google adsense only $ 0.35 per day. help me please :(

Adi Saputra, Oct 13, 2014 IP
  13. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You should start your own thread instead of hijacking this one. I am sure that DP-ers will be happy to help.

jrbiz, Oct 13, 2014 IP
  14. www_HypeFree_com

www_HypeFree_com Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'll through this out there not sure if it's true, but I have noticed more and more competition to adsense this year which I like as a CPA Advertiser and I know they pay little compared to Google Adsense, but if more and more people like me start spending money with them at some point less money and lower bids will go to Google. Yes Google is still a monopoly in a way, but I hope it's one that is slowly cracking it's better for the market and in the long run it's better for the publishers you will have more diverse options to place on your sites and not worry of going from 100% income to 0% over night which has happened. We are not there yet, but my guess is this is the direction we are going and Facebook is leading it but there are more wannabees just watch.

www_HypeFree_com, Oct 13, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  15. Adi Saputra

Adi Saputra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Okay, before I apologize thanks for the info :)

Adi Saputra, Oct 13, 2014 IP