1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense cost-per-click more important than # of searches?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by courtney, Mar 6, 2006.

After I create a page of content, I try to go back and optimize that page for a specific keyword. (Maybe that's totally backwards but I just don't want a MFA site :) ). When I'm deciding which keyword(s) to focus on, should I give more weight to Google's estimated cost-per-click for ads matching that keyword, or focus on the number of searches done for a keyword (on the Overture tool or whatever)? Or something totally different? I guess I'm just not really sure what the criteria are for "good" keywords/phrases.

Thanks!

courtney, Mar 6, 2006 IP
  2. matte

matte Peon

Best Answers:
    i think it's hard to decide which one is more important, cost per click or number of searches.

but for me, i care more about cost per click.

matte, Mar 6, 2006 IP
  3. courtney

courtney Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh okay. I was afraid maybe there was an obvious answer that everyone knew but me. :)

courtney, Mar 6, 2006 IP
  4. pixads

pixads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You will have to find a good combination of both.
    No search - No traffic
    Why would you need a Mesothelioma site if you are the only one visiting it...

pixads, Mar 6, 2006 IP
  5. corinaw

corinaw Not Banned

Best Answers:
    Hey Courtney,
    Not to confuse you, but umm. I'd take a look at cost per click x number of searches. You also have to look at the competition and how difficult it is to even rank for a high paying keyword.

I've heard of mesothelioma MFA sites, (I think I spelled it right, but I can't even say it!) has a very high payout, you'll find MFA sites with this keyword for sale all over the place.

IMO, this is just a waste of your time. Find a niche, focus, write good content, (or pay someone to write it and then broaden your site topics.

I honestly don't look at cost per click. I have a niche site and I am ever broadening my topics, but I do research on new topics based on the search number.

Hopefully others will post on their perspective. But to me I find it easier to be sucessful on a topic I care about, rather than running after CPC.

corinaw, Mar 6, 2006 IP
  6. courtney

courtney Peon

Best Answers:
    That makes sense. I've never used ads on my sites before, so it's all new to me and I think I'm getting bogged down in the logistics. If I spent the same amount of time writing good content as I do trying to figure out all this Adsense business, I'd probably be making better progress!

courtney, Mar 7, 2006 IP
  7. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    it happens... dont wig out... dont email google just keep working on your site.

Shoemoney, Mar 7, 2006 IP