1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense combined with other ads?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by barrow, Dec 30, 2004.

I'm wondering what all the publishers think about serving adsense ads on your pages along with ads from other companies. Has anyone here tried it? How has it worked? Are there any negative effects? What other ad companies have you tried?

I'm also wondering if anyone has tried out Amazon's ad service, any feedback on that would be great.

Thanks

barrow, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  2. my3cents

my3cents Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should definitely look into running multiple ad programs on your site. In my case, I rely on advertising for my sole income of my site. So I want diversity with my revenue streams. I currently use TribalFusion to compliment my Adsense ads. Tribal servers my banners and skyscrapers, while I stick to text ads with Adsense. It is an easy way to increase your income by using the same pages you already have. I have not noticed any decrease in my CTR for Adsense either while running banner ads concurrently.

Hope this helps!

Ps - I've heard TribalFusion can be picky sometimes on who they accept, so another one that seems to work okay is CasaleMedia.com.

my3cents, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  3. barrow

barrow Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tip on TribalFusion, I will look into it. I don't know if this is against either service's TOS but would you be able to make any comments on your Tribalfusion earnings in comparison to your Adsense earnings?

barrow, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  4. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    I do not know about the companies mentioned but you want to be careful not to violate Google's TOS by running other ads.

S

Smyrl, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  5. barrow

barrow Peon

Best Answers:
    Good call, Google's TOS can be kind of sketchy and unclear when it comes to other companies ad content.

barrow, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  6. my3cents

my3cents Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed, the Adsense TOS is a bit vague. I've pasted it below. It seems to focus on ads that mimic adsense, or other "content-based" ads. Random banner ads are not against the TOS in my opinion. And I have seen many other reputable sites use banners ads along with Adsense. A good example, check out www.about.com. This site is owned by Google, and they run both their Adsense ads and banner ads from Doubleclick on the same page. Hope this helps...

Competitive Ads and Services

We do not permit Google ads or search boxes accessing Google search services to be published on web pages that also contain what could be considered competing ads or services. This would include ads that mimic Google ads or otherwise appear to be associated with Google on your site. If you have elected to receive content-based Google ads, this would also include all other content-targeted ads. If you have elected to receive Google search services, this would include other search services on the same site and non-Google query-targeted ads. We do allow affiliate or limited-text links.

7. barrow

barrow Peon

Best Answers:
    When they say "competing ads or services", to me that would mean ads having to do with the same keyword. Reading Google's TOS, I would say that you can't go with an ad company that will spider your page and give you an ad having to do with that page's content. Having said this, the only legal ads to be in use with Adsense would be your generic annoying ads that don't really relate to the page.

Does anyone know about TribalFusion's ads? Are they content-related or do they serve your standard FREE IPOD banners?

barrow, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  8. my3cents

my3cents Peon

Best Answers:
    On my pages where I use both Tribal and Adsense, my banner ads (Tribal) are purely random and don't relate to the page at all. They are like random commercials during a tv show. Where Adsense is more like an integrated product ad spot within the show itself... ;-)

9. barrow

barrow Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice my3cents, that's exactly what i'm talking about. Publishers, the key is to use Adsense for your content-targeted ads, and then supplement with some random bits of advertising. I'm most definitely going to have to check out Tribal now.

I just hope that people don't "change the channel" on my site when they see the "random commercial" ads. Hehe.

barrow, Dec 30, 2004 IP