1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense.com is not owned by google

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by latehorn, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Publisher1

Publisher1 Member

Best Answers:
    My apologies for an error in a previous posting. Alexis said her new site would be adsense2.com, not adsense1.com.

Issues such as this obviously have more than one 'side'. I think the owner of the original adsense domain has been frustrated by the 'get rich quick' players who inhabit certain parts of the adsense world. Along with these people, she's of course run into many people who simply don't know enough to connect the dots when they visited her website looking for information about Google's Adsense. It can be quite a pain trying to mind your own business when 3,500 emails come in a single day for something that has absolutely nothing to do with you.

Googles' PR people responded properly and courteously to my inquiry; conversely, Alexis says Google did not respond or communicate directly with her except by email after prolonged effort, to say they weren't interested in purchasing her domain. (And Google's response -- that the organization receives many requests of that sort -- sounds reasonable to me.)

Alexis told me that many people wanting to purchase her domain were totally unrealistic -- they wanted to 'partner' with her, or perhaps pay her $100 for the thing. I sense the business she saw with adsense did not jive with her real life business at all, nor her values, though she hoped to somehow monatize her experience.

Realistically, however, the type of people trying to make big money fast while sitting at home waiting for others to click on ads on 'adsense' are not the type of clients she was seeking, or hoping to serve.
    Nevertheless, by going with adsense2, she has obviously decided to stand by her business name and identity despite the overall Adsense phenomena.

Publisher1, Apr 15, 2006 IP
  2. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    They both sound scamy, dont they?
    If I would have been the owner of adsense.com and adsense company, I would have registered a meaningful domain like adsenseinc.com or something like that. :)

SEO Guru, Apr 15, 2006 IP
  3. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So by changing it to adsense2.com, then I don't think that will change much. It will most probably cut down on all the emails, but it will still have the Adsense trademark in the name and with this domain she would have actually purchased it after Adsense brought theirs and not before like the Adsense.com domain.

So could Google ask them to take it down just because it has their trademark in it.

john269, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  4. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    They can't until its something related to google adsense, IMO.

SEO Guru, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  5. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I forgot about that. If they are in a different industry then it would be alright.

john269, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  6. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow I just stumbled upon this old thread when I was searching for something else. It was interesting to read this. It looks like Alexis lost out on a great opportunity. She could have held that domain for just a year and made out well enough to retire I bet. I'm also betting that whomever she sold to didn't do well either as Google's legal team probably was able to acquire it from them since they were in violation of their TM.

MattL, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  7. TheVccMatey

TheVccMatey Peon

Best Answers:
    The lucky guy. Thanks for sharing this. I usually go to www.adsense.com

TheVccMatey, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  8. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually I am guessing this was a lose-lose situation. Alexis, due to reacting emotionally instead of looking at it as a golden opportunity; and the guy that bought the domain that was likely in TM violation due to just having acquired it. This scenario is just speculation on my part but the most likely case IMO.

The only winner was Google, as usual.

MattL, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  9. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    waaoo! its Shawn himself. first time i see your post on the forum. happy new year.

BTW, google now own adsense.com. typing adsense.com will redirect to google adsense
    http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/061106-091601

sultanofseo, Jan 1, 2008 IP
  10. sysop

sysop Peon

Best Answers:
    hahaha... Shawn always write here on this forum... you better watch out..

sysop, Jan 1, 2008 IP
  11. Red_Virus

Red_Virus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Red_Virus, Jan 1, 2008 IP
  12. vrindadoll

vrindadoll Guest

Best Answers:
    i think who this website is really useful becuase its domain name may be giving some popularity as adsense word is very famous now

vrindadoll, Jan 1, 2008 IP
  13. aliasneo

aliasneo Peon

Best Answers:
    its their company their wish

aliasneo, Jan 1, 2008 IP