1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdSense Click Trade.

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by blissallstar, Mar 26, 2006.

1. HockeyGod

HockeyGod Peon

Best Answers:
    The guy that did this owns the website: matezap.com and it DOES use google ads.

In fact, he's a poste here:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=69116&highlight=matezap

You can verify by not only his IP, but his offer to try selling his copy of my script. I'd appreciate it if you can remove that as well.

I have repoted his IP, his websites, and this post to the Google adsense team.

He's just pissed off because I emailed him last night asking him to remove my text from his website (he copied my main page, and my faq page.. even left in the same typo I made in mine)

Anyway.. his response to my email was that to "prove" i owned copyright I needed to reply to him with the payroll stubs for my developers, my home phone and address, copyright papers (when those are invented be sure to let me know), and the full source code of the site.

Rather than play childish games, I just emailed his host next and they pulled the offending content. I thought the problem was solved, but with some more reasearch it looks as if I'm dealing with a 16 yr old from san antonio.

I've already wasted too much time with this kid as he took up the better part of my sunday night, I didn't expect it to roll over into monday morning.

HockeyGod, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I told you so (to the posters that wanted to report the site)

his email (txtamoron) is ;)

(Although I was corrected that its a proxy email service)

Have Fun!

yfs1, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  3. HockeyGod

HockeyGod Peon

Best Answers:
    I know who's behind it.

dodegeit.com is a free email forwarder so that nobody can find out who you are. He used that to retain anonyminity, but there's really no such thing as that on the web.

I posted a thread he started earlier. His name is Chris Hoppman from San Antonio. He's a regular poster here.. in that thread I posted he was even selling his copy of my website.. he linked to the URL it was at.

Conviently this thread appeared just minutes after his host shut down his website and I recieved an email from him threatening to sue me.

I can't wait for the lawsuit "i copied his stuff, and he found out, and my host shut me down.. umm he owes me money" should hold up really well in court.

I'm not worried about that, or about the adsense team shutting me down (i'm legit.. and honest, and not worried)

I'm more worried to see where this escolates from here. He's already made a complaint with my register because my WHOIS phone number was listed as "please use email".

4. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    As much as I may believe you, I haven't been able to find a link between the two user names so I can't really ban the guy you linked to (as much as I might like to because he is an ass)

Can you show archive shots from the wayback machine to show he tried to sell your site?

Im sure you can appreciate that if we banned people because other members said so, it would cause all kinds of problems.

yfs1, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  5. HockeyGod

HockeyGod Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I understand. I don't care what you do to him. No I don't have screenshots, as I caught the site on day 1 of his still developing it. (he left in either a style sheet, or a link, or something that made a request to my server that I caught in my logs)

His copy was only up for a day before I shut it down. It was the most blatant copy ever. He took my text word for word and even left in the mention of one of my other sites in the FAQ. It looked like he did a save as in IE and just re posted it.

I'm sure it'll re-surface somewhere.. according to sitepoint.com's forums there appears to be a market for a copy of my site: www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361827

I can also show you that the person who posted that thread... Hired this person to make it for him here:
    http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362210

As the person (allstar ) accepted the job.

here is part of the "work" he did...
    http://www.textforfree.net/tool.php

Thankfully, this person changed the text and layout to match his own.. and I have no problem with that (although he did steal my idea)

The version on his sms.matezap.com page looked exactly like www.txt2day.com/myspace.php

6. Halobitt

Halobitt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    http : //www. clickhereyouidiot.com/

has changed recently and has the exact same wiggly lines at the side as

http : //www. textforfree.net/tool.php

Don't know if this is connected in any way, maybe wiggly lines aren't copyrighted?

Halobitt, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  7. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    We cant blv anyone of them, how can we?

SEO Guru, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  8. HockeyGod

HockeyGod Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure you can. the site mods can verify that I verified the contact email address listed on one of the domains for my forum account. and that My IP is in a totally different location.

And you can also verify that i'm not an asshat who'd do something this stupid.

9. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    But it still looks dodgy, I am not a mod, maybe thats why. Dont mind. :) I'm not bad at heart.

SEO Guru, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  10. HockeyGod

HockeyGod Peon

Best Answers:
    I can understand. I hate adsense spam as well as the next guy. This kid seems hell bent on causing me all the harm he can because his site was shut down for copyright violation by his host.

he's even telling me that my cease and desist email constitutes "harassment".. and that he'll be pressing charges for that.

In addition to this stunt, he's also filed a complaint with my registrar because my phone # listed was out of date.

His original plea was that he'd remove the copyrighted material if i'd provide him my home phone # and address, source code for the website, and payment stubs of all those who worked on it.. and a "copyright paper".. only last i checked, I didn't need a paper to prove copyright, I just needed to publish it.

I gave up dealing with him and went straight to his host. they resolved my problem by removing the offending content. Now he's pissed off.

I only expect this situation to grow worse.

11. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Verified it was from an existing user here... users merged and banned.

digitalpoint, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  12. HockeyGod

HockeyGod Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks.

By the way, nice site. I haven't heard of it before, but I may just stick around and read some other threads.

13. letas

letas Peon

Best Answers:
    If you start you will never stop. You will become addicted just like all of us! Enjoy. :D

letas, Mar 27, 2006 IP