1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense cheque time to the United Kingdom

Discussion in 'Payments' started by GADOOD, Jul 14, 2005.

Alright folks,

What's the average time for cheques to arrive on our floors when the month ends? I'm expecting my first from last month as I exceeded the $100 but 15 days have ticked by and nothing as of yet - I know Google state that cheques will be sent within approximately 30 days after the month ends but an average time from the month end to it landing on the door would be re-assuring.
    SEMrush
    Cheers!

Pete

GADOOD, Jul 14, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    get a direct bank transfer, relying on royal mail/postal service can give varying degrees of delays.

sji2671, Jul 14, 2005 IP
  3. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    It takes forever from what I remember, then days to cash it. You should use the electronic transfer ;)

Design Agent, Jul 14, 2005 IP
  4. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Aah I would, but my current account is actually froze at the minute. The joys of self-employment. <g>

Thanks for the tip guys - I'll convert my Barcleys Saver Account into something that's able to recieve direct deposits.. I suppose now I'll need a passport. God dangit, it's 2005 and things still aren't easily done! *grumble*

Pete

Ps. I'd still like a figure on that check-time though... ;o)

GADOOD, Jul 14, 2005 IP
  5. blackpudding

blackpudding Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it took just over two weeks for my cheque to arrive? It took another couple of weeks to clear and my bank hammered me on the interest rate and on a 'foreign cheque' charge of £7. I believe if cheques get lost (they go standard post in a flimsy envelope) Google charge to replace them? If you choose EFT payments they arrive in your account before the cheque would have come through the door, the interest rates are fair and no charges. If you can find a way to change to EFT do it!

Cheers
    BP

blackpudding, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  6. just-4-teens

just-4-teens Peon

Best Answers:
    it took mine 2/3 days

just-4-teens, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  7. bigcrags

bigcrags Peon

Best Answers:
    Mine usually come through on the 28th - 29th of the month in the UK - if you set your payment currency in Adsense to GBP you don't have to worry about currency exchange bank charges and it is drawn on a UK bank so there's no big delay in waiting for the cheque to clear.

bigcrags, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  8. blackpudding

blackpudding Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess this must be one of the new payment options? When I got cheques you had to have USD :(

EFT is still great though...who wants to mess about taking cheques down to the bank?

Cheers
    BP

blackpudding, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  9. pwaring

pwaring Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it took my first cheque about 60 days to go from Google processing the money to it actually hitting my account. I think that was partially down to problems on Google's side (this was in the earlier days of Adsense, when they didn't let as many people join as they do now) and my bank being horrible with foreign cheques.

Needless to say, I'd second everyone's suggestion to set your currency to GBP and use EFT. Unfortunately you still see your earnings in USD, which is a bit annoying.

pwaring, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  10. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Aye I can't understand why they aren't able to display our earnings by the pound - XE currency converter must get a ton of extra traffic from Adsense users. :)

Luckily I set my currency to GBP before the cheque would of been cut.

I suppose it's just the waiting game now, and I oughta set up the direct deposit before this month ends - I'll no doubt recieve next months money before last months! :rolleyes:

Thanks again!

Pete

GADOOD, Jul 15, 2005 IP