1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

adsense check from ireland

Discussion in 'Payments' started by topdog, May 13, 2005.

This explains why some checks are cut from Ireland.

I was watching the webcast of the google annual shareholder meeting, and according to the CEO of google, there is a favorable tax affect in Ireland.

Google has a global settlement program with a set of banks that takes local currency billing and converts it to dollars held in the us or euro dollars in european banks. It is a part of google's hedging strategy - having U.S. dollars in the U.S. and in Ireland along with euros.

I don't understand all of the details behind the hedging strategy - but at least now I have an idea of why payments are being sent via Ireland.

topdog, May 13, 2005 IP
  2. anusha

anusha Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am sure it was a heavy check! How are your keywords doing..? My keywords are doing 40% below normal after the new forms of advertising...

Anusha

anusha, May 13, 2005 IP
  3. topdog

topdog Peon

Best Answers:
    My revenue is on a steady rise due to increasing traffic levels. I really don't pay attention to any of the other stats at this point. However if my daily earnings took a big plunge... I would be all over those other stats trying to figure out what was going on.

I'm always adding new content and working on driving more traffic in - to offset any negative factors that affect the revenue, such as advertisers bidding less per click. While I don't have any influence over how much advertisers bid, I do have influence over my efforts to increase click thru rates and traffic levels... so that's where my focus is.

topdog, May 13, 2005 IP
  4. Nate

Nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm... Are you sure they aren't just sent from Ireland because it's lucky?? ;)

Nate, May 13, 2005 IP
  5. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Just about every internet and software companys European headquarters are in Ireland.

I can take a 5 minute walk and visit Google, Yahoo, Overture (different location), eBay, Symantec, Creative, IBM and countless others.

And yes, it is because of our tax levels ;)

yfs1, May 13, 2005 IP
  6. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Really, Yfs? That´s pretty amazing. I never thought about Ireland as a tax haven - though I´ve always fancied a holiday there and I do remember reading some time that it had some of the best Universities (which I could probably spell, if I´d ever been to one) in Europe.

e10, May 13, 2005 IP