1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Channels with Low CTR

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by necromanc, Feb 22, 2009.

For example I have 3 ads on my website, and of course not the same ads have the same CTR. One ad has better CTR than the other ones. For example one ad has CTR 1,2% and the other ones have 0,5% ...and I was wondering if the ads with lower CTR affect the other ad, because the final CTR is lower in the end.
    SEMrush
    Also the CTR from the Feed is very low, should I still keep the ads in feed ?

Thanks !

necromanc, Feb 22, 2009 IP
    SEMrush
  2. readytoblog

readytoblog Peon

Best Answers:
    CTR/link will become less when there are more links to be clicked.

If you present too many links, you will notice some of them won't get a link,
    people can only choose 1 link.

If you like what you earn from your feed, keep it.
    If high CTR is important for you, then don't keep it.
    If good visitors experience is what you prefer, then get rid of low CTR links: it just says that:
    -the links are not seen very well
    -the links are not interesting enough compared to the rest of the page - including other links.

readytoblog, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  3. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    I was wondering if the ads with lower CTR affect the other ad, because the final CTR is lower in the end.
    - It is depend on the traffic on each site.The overall CTR will lower when traffic from 0.5%CTR site is more/similar to CTR with 1.2% site. The only case it wouldnt lower your overall CTR is 1.2%CTR site traffic is much higher than 0.5%CTR site

Also the CTR from the Feed is very low, should I still keep the ads in feed ?
    - Depend on you. But i think it is fine since it wouldnt give nagetive effect

lifeplayer, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  4. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    Just remember, you can't eat CTR. So what if the overall CTR goes down...what happens to your EARNINGS? That's the important part of the puzzle, isn't it? :)

Adpubster, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  5. narasimham0861

narasimham0861 Peon

Best Answers:
    ctr changes depends upon ad placement if you have 3 ad units one is up 2nd one is side third one is bottom you will get high ctr in first ad unit medium ctr in 2nd ad unit low ctr in 3rd one mean bottom.so you will always put your ad units in up .you will get good ctr

narasimham0861, Feb 27, 2009 IP