1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Blog Frienly

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Digilover, Feb 6, 2006.

Is Adsense Blog Friendly

Blogging is near and dear to our hearts here at AdSense Blog. We know you want to get the most out of those posts – but how do you do it?

1. Choose the right ad formats

Because the typical blog layout uses a narrow section for posts, the medium rectangle fits nicely at the end of each post. The medium rectangle also supports image ads, increasing the competition and revenue potential for that ad space. For shorter posts, a banner may be a better fit.

2. Place ads where your readers will notice

Blog main page:

Whether the subject is gadgets, gossip, or a glimpse into the writer's personal life, readers are deeply engaged with the content of their favorite blogs. What could be more effective than displaying an ad precisely relevant to that content? An ad after each post can serve as a "commercial break" from reading or as an "action step" to take after reading.

Individual blog entries:

As individual post pages don't have a lot of content, the key is to place ads near your content without bombarding the page with ads. For long entries, try embedding a blended medium rectangle into your post and adding a banner at the end. For short entries, just place one medium rectangle or banner at the end.

If there's a comment section after the post, place a banner or a horizontal link unit just above the comment box. Rather than using the traditional Skyscraper in your sidebar, consider using a link unit, which will offer a wider range of topics and may appear less obtrusive.

3. Improve targeting

How can you ensure that your ads are relevant to a specific post? With section targeting, you can target an ad unit to a specific section of the page, as well as block out irrelevant sections such as the navigational links.

4. Customize your ad colors

For more seamless integration with the content, blend ad units into the background of your blog. Choose a bold color for the ad title to help draw attention to your ads while ensuring that users don't confuse ads with content.

With up to three ad units, one link unit, and one search box on every page, layout options abound! While the suggestions above offer some guidance, you should experiment with different ad unit-link unit-search box combinations on your pages, keeping your particular users' experience in mind when it comes to placement. Most importantly, use custom channels to see what performs most effectively for your site.

Digilover, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    What do you mean Blog Friendly?

And didn't you learn before, please just post the article instead of linking to your blog.

yfs1, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  3. Digilover

Digilover Guest

Best Answers:
    posted here i mean can we earn more in blogs than in normal sites or is it less

Digilover, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  4. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    How much you can make through AdSense is completely dependant on ad placement and site design just like any other site.

Just because you use Wordpress or Moveable doesn't mean you automatically get a better or worse click through rate. They are just CMS's

Not to mention you still need traffic which is true with any site, whether you call it a "blog" or a "site"

yfs1, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  5. Asian Playboy

Asian Playboy Peon

Best Answers:
    What I'm currently finding is that because I'm updating my blog daily, that the main page of AdSense ads are typically showing PSAs (or in my case, my alternate affiliate ad).

I'm using the "Read More" format, but I try and use keywords on the main page. If you click on the individual article, you typically find more targeted and contextual ads.

I don't know if Google can "keep up" with the rate of updates. Any suggestions?

Asian Playboy, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  6. dadasays

dadasays Peon

Best Answers:
    I update my blogs daily -- sometimes 2-3 times per day. I rarely have PSAs and my blogs are fairly niche.

One of my blogs gives my regular reader the "read more" format linking to all my blogs so they can have a one-stop shop for all my articles. I write between 3 and 20 articles per day on 12 different subjects.

If you're getting PSAs, are your topics so niche that advertisers might not be targeting them? The only time I get PSAs are if a word happens to be outside of advertiser-friendly: a swear word, the use of a slur or swear word, or something that isn't very friendly in general. A blog entry on capital punishment continues to get me PSAs.

dadasays, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  7. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Is this a new "How to Get Rich off Adsense" step? From a book or a manual or something? That you should regurgitate "tips" on sites with a link back to your own site, in order to justify promoting your site? I've seen this almost everyday now...

jackburton2006, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  8. skimmy

skimmy Peon

Best Answers:
    And at that rate of article production are you making a fair bit?

skimmy, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  9. dadasays

dadasays Peon

Best Answers:
    And at that rate of article production are you making a fair bit?

Not with AdSense. My free writings help generate interest in my face-time. I see huge potential in it, though.

My biggest income offline is looking at future markets and providing business advice. AdSense is partially a test. I donate 100% of the earnings to charity.

I've seen this almost everyday now...

Ouch. Why would anybody post here to generate interest to their sites?

I share my findings -- I don't use AdSense a an income stream (yet, anyway). The more I share, the more it helps the online publishing market, which I advise on offline.

dadasays, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  10. Asian Playboy

Asian Playboy Peon

Best Answers:
    I post daily, once or twice on one blog. It's pretty niche in an already niche market. Namely dating advice & seduction tips for Asian men. Well, my main page is now showing ads again, which is good. I do some slight profanity in my posts, but not excessively.

Adsense really isn't even close to being a secondary source of income (yet). Mine is mostly through my day business as well as 1on1 date coaching (Think of me as the Asian "Hitch" http://theasianplayboy.blogspot.com).

My ads are an odd combination of the normal dating products and then "Hook up with beautiful Asian mail order brides!" type deal. LOL.

11. Asian Playboy

Asian Playboy Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL, oops, spoke to soon. Now the main page ads are again and replaced with my alternates. LOL.