1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense banned me. WHAT THE HELL?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by shah2k, Feb 15, 2007.

1. shah2k

shah2k Peon

Best Answers:
    i know a lot of people like to be cynical or just plain skeptical and wont see any reason and wont believe anyone
    but here is a screenshot i took few days ago from adsense
    [​IMG]

shah2k, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  2. romance

romance Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i'd appeal and include some sort of stats of traffic growth. If you look at it from googles perspective you had an account with no impressions, then get 9 million impressions with hardly any clicks. Thats a classic pattern for someone who's used a mass popunder campaign which isn't allowed on adsense. this probably generates an automatic flag and they would err on the side of caution and disable the account

As they said in the email, your account is disabled not banned. If you prove you didn't use some sort of popunder to generate that kind of traffic then you should get your account re-instated no problem.

romance, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  3. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    9 million is a staggering amount of impression. You can monetiose this amount in so many ways.

qwestcommunications, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  4. shah2k

shah2k Peon

Best Answers:
    well i did not put any adsense on my website. i used private sponsors

shah2k, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  5. shah2k

shah2k Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah its actually about 18m impressions. .9m so far this month

if you can help me out properly monetize it (i always used private sponsors so im not too familiar with online advertisement companies) id be more than happy to compensate you.

shah2k, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  6. Free Stuff

Free Stuff Banned

Best Answers:
    Google bans people for any reason.
    They are the God of PPC, the monopoly in the game and the incompetent employees they have care about nothing, but getting their paycheck.

One guy was trying to sue them over this issue on this board.

One day Google will pay a big price over this issue. Google is supposed to PROVE WHAT WRONG YOU DID, not just make a vage statement.

Hope you get reinstated.

Free Stuff, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  7. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yes, but it honestly, to me, looks like 9,000,000 divided by about 60,000 so its like 150/visitor/month. Seems like a few users visiting their own page or other member pages a lot. I can definitely see how google would be suspicious of this, but I'm surprised they didn't send out a warning or something first.

lorien1973, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  8. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    I recall reading something somewhere where if you expect (or notice) a strong spike or surge in impressions (say you're featured on the front page of NY Times!) then you should contact them, otherwise what are they to suspect...a site with normally no traffic all of a sudden goes up to 9 million? Even if it's just that you finally put adsense on which seems strange. Even worse is that you only had it partially on.

You also had it running on another site prior to end of January (or so I gather from your posts) so you have an established CTR and Impressions with them, then it changed drastically which set off flags all over Google HQ.

Adpubster, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  9. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    Some good points above. If you have 1000 impressions one month, 9 million the next month. Google would say Whoa! Slow down that donkey and let me have a look.

10. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    Where is the 9 million coming from? The image shows just over 7 million?

Ah, never mind, I see you indicated it was taken a few days ago.

11. shah2k

shah2k Peon

Best Answers:

its not 60,000 per month. its 350k-400k/month. here is a google analytics screenshot from few days ago. i only put analytics on one page just to sample it out so the visits and pageviews are a lot, lot more.
    [​IMG]
    if you see 99%+ visits are direct (like i said), 88% are returning (not popunders, pay for traffic, etc.), and most visitors (99%) are from north america.. not foreign countries (dont know if that matters)

i have backed up everything i said yet people still act as if i did something horrible and im responsible for it. sorry if i sound a little pissed but i am. i worked hard for it and its the principle more than the money thats pissing me off.

shah2k, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  12. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    probably based on history and extrapolating for the rest of the month too.

I'm actually backing off the your responsible. I'm taking it more from the vein that google probably looked at the spike, saw 7 million impressions, 700 clicks and thinks something is fishy. I'm also think that google sees the same IP set clicking the ads (the regular users) and calling that click fraud. I'm more surprised that you cannot, at least, see their point, even if you don't agree with their decision.

The fact that 99% of visitors people are direct traffic (type-ins) tells me that everyone who visits the site are repeat users (teenagers as you said). It is not really a point in your favor IMHO

13. MaxS

MaxS Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly my thoughts...

MaxS, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  14. shah2k

shah2k Peon

Best Answers:

i see their point but wouldnt a warning be better off than a straight 'you are banned for click fraud' or whatever.

shah2k, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  15. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    I agree that they should have sent one. But if you are a new account, why would they bother? 99% of people who instantly get 7 million adsense impressions are doing so through the typical schemes (that I originally noted). I doubt google wants to go thru the same song and dance with everyone.

In the long run, it might have been wiser to slowly introduce adsense (1% of impressions, 5%, 10% in concurrent months) incrementally instead of throwing everything at it. Then again, I don't even think adsense is your best way to monetize this site.

16. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    They probably aren't looking at anything other than raw numbers. 99.xx% direct type in traffic and the upsurge set the warning bells off and they acted. Now, what you have to do is step back, remove the emotion from the situation, and explain to them WHY this happened. Don't go calling them a bunch of @$%@ing thieves etc, calmly explain it and you stand a much better chance.

lorien1973 likes this.
  17. shah2k

shah2k Peon

Best Answers:
    wouldnt direct type in mean that its not people clicking on ads/pop unders/redirect, etc. to get to my site and get the impressions and wouldnt that be better for me?

shah2k, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  18. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    No, it's even worse, how are THAT many people (and that high of percentage of people) going to know the name of your site unless you've been spreading it around for the intent of having them click on ads. I'm not at all accusing you of that, I'm just saying that may be what is going through Google's mind when they see that many directs. Some sort of strange promotion that they have to say hold-it on.

19. shah2k

shah2k Peon

Best Answers:
    Like I said, I used private sponsors before and I was / still am not familiar with online advertisement.

I did not think I did anything wrong and I did appeal, lets see how that works out but I heard that 99.99% of the time you are pretty much banned for life.

If anyone wants to help me monetize my site better I dont mind compensating them. Right now I have TF running and I am thinking if its possible to do banner rotation with bunch of other CPM networks

shah2k, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  20. shah2k

shah2k Peon

Best Answers:
    so how do i prove that i was not promoting the site for anyone to click on ads (i had VERY low CTR, so obviously my promotion did not work if i did something as stupid as that)

can they actually look at the site and see its a very active site with around 63k members, millions of posts, comments, pictures,blogs, etc?

shah2k, Feb 15, 2007 IP