1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense application knocked back, any tips?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by kunkster, Aug 11, 2005.

Hi All,

I've applied twice now for Adsense, and knocked back both times.

(the second application was prompted by a thought that perhaps the site listed on the first application was outside the tos. granted this site is very niche and i can imagine ctr would be low, hence not-worth-the-effort for G to administer)

On the second knock-back I asked why, to which I received a response ..

"Your AdSense account was found to be related to an account previously disabled for invalid click activity. A publisher who has an account that has been disabled for invalid clicks is not allowed further participation in the AdSense programme."

Balone! I've never been involved with adsense before, and have no relationship whatsoever with anyone that has used adsense. I have pumped lotsa $$$ into adwords as an advertiser - and referred many webdev clients into adwords - and am downright dirty on people ripping me/us off.

I've replied back to G with a "surely this is an error" (nicely worded) email and no response yet.

It's a brand new domain, never registered before, on a shared IP hosting box with a reputable company (but not sure if all websites on that box are reputable!!) The site listed on my first application is totally different ip address block range (dedicated IPA for ecom SSL) but same hosting comany (no names, but they do superbowl advertising)

Any tips on what I can do to clear my name? I want to play adsense too!

kunkster, Aug 11, 2005 IP
  2. iskandar

iskandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What is your site? The address pls

iskandar, Aug 11, 2005 IP
  3. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Your site is really only to sell a book on performance management through the affiliate link. Aside from that, there is some waffle on a couple of pages and nothing else. You need content.

mcfox, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  4. deliveryman

deliveryman Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you get rejected by google? blows my mind.

someone i know literally had a 100 word paragraph as a "website" and even he got approved.

deliveryman, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  5. kunkster

kunkster Guest

Best Answers:
    HI mcfox, granted is light on for content; that'll change shortly (30+ new pages added but not yet upload). But that's not the reason why G knocked it back .. they claim in their email my *account* (not appropriateness of the site) is linked to some fraudster.

kunkster, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  6. kawebspy

kawebspy Peon

Best Answers:
    I think something has found by Google in your IP, website and content that led them to suspect you.

nothing we can do, but to email them an explaination.

kawebspy, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  7. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    That will have to be something you talk to Google about, I'm afraid.

Was the first site you mention gambling or adult related, perhaps? If so, that may have been disallowed by Google for the obvious breach of TOS and your details held as such, even if you did not actually run Adsense on your site.

If you did run Adsense on a site that breached the TOS on, for example, adult, gambling or warez, and you were found to have done so, then this would get you banned and also zapped from future applications.

mcfox, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  8. kunkster

kunkster Guest

Best Answers:
    lol; no not gambling, but childrens books. To be more precise, books for kids from linguistically challenged backgrounds .. talk about niche!

Thanks all ... I have sent another email to G. I'm happy to report back on progress if you like.

9. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I would be interested to hear what happens.

Have you ever run any website before?

aeiouy, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  10. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    perhap your site not have enough traffic... when my site get less than 100 visitors a day, rejected by google too, twice when I applied for adsense.

alang, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  11. kunkster

kunkster Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi crew .. after doing lots of research I suspect the reason is my home IP address (where I applied for AS the first time). I not long ago signed up with a new ISP, who could be considered a cheap-n-nasty. I suspect the IP address (dedicated) I was allocated was perhaps contaminated or flagged (plain pot luck). I've emailed the G-AS team with a sincere and well thought out explanation. (fingers crossed they read it!)

Although, in my reasearch, have noticed many threads of type "G banned me!". Makes me wonder that if accepted into AS, dont bank on that income .. treat it as a pure bonus .. the rug may be pulled from under my feet at any time!

I truly appreciate your help!

12. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps it's because when you first was declined for lack of content, they simply sent you the automated reply the second time you applied because you we're previously declined, and your site wasn't even reviewed the second time.

If you go talking to Google about your previous IP address been possibly flagged as bad it's just gunna make things worse I'd of thought....just tell them you applied the first time, was rejected for lack of content but you've since developed your site and tried to re-apply but you think it's automatically declining you, or something.

I mean, you even said a bit ago you didn't even have the new content uploaded and you applied *again* with it in this state.

Get the content on and fire them over an e-mail.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  13. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    That is weird. How would google know how much traffic your site has?

I had sites with less than what you said get in. Did Google tell you that is why they rejected you are is that your assumption. Again, I don't know how they would know how much traffic you get.

aeiouy, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  14. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They just list down a probable cause my site rejected, few of its that I can remember is

1. Site under construction
    2. Not enough pages
    3. Not enough traffic
    4. Site that not comply with policy

I don't know whether they still use that guideline for new application now, I get my adsense account on 2003 but nowadays, seems like they accepting everyone.

And to answer your question how google know about your traffic, you can ask yourself how google know which site is links to you, how many pages your sites have. With technology, nothing is impossible.

alang, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  15. longroad

longroad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I applied and was approved for a website that had next to nothing on it and no visitors.
    That was last year though, I imagine they have toughened things up since then.

longroad, Aug 12, 2005 IP
  16. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    You really should have added content to your site before you applied again. Now, if Google does decide to have a look at your current site they will see a couple of pages of filler and nothing much else and will automatically reject the application, which in turn will make it more difficult in the future since your next application will need to be for a site that has at least minimum traffic and content and is not built for Adsense.

You would be better served, imo, to forget about Adsense for the moment and concentrate on building a good site with lots of decent, original content.

mcfox, Aug 13, 2005 IP
  17. kunkster

kunkster Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi gang,

A quick note to let you know have been reviewed/approved. Yay!

Yep .. I'm a web developer (sql/asp mainly) for 10yrs. It all started with a guy named Jeremy Allaire and cold fusion 1.5, ah, good times.

A big THANKS to all for your support.

kunkster, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  18. exaro

exaro Peon

Best Answers:
    When I was accepted the first time the page had three links to subdomains I hosted and thats it.

exaro, Aug 17, 2005 IP