1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense And MFA Sites.

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by MKInfo, May 1, 2006.

1. mihaidamianov

mihaidamianov Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Which seems to have been banned as it breaks most of the AdSense TOS... (I'm seeing ypn ads on it)

mihaidamianov, May 2, 2006 IP
  2. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe they are using YPN because the CPC rate is better... a lot fo publishers are reporting that Yahoo ads pay more.

Burta, May 2, 2006 IP
  3. MKInfo

MKInfo DP Guard Dog

Best Answers:
    How about buying traffic?I have seen you can get 1000 visitors for $5.
    Now if 1% (10) click an add you might have a chance to break even.
    Or is this sort of traffic against TOS?

MKInfo, May 2, 2006 IP
  4. dsm56

dsm56 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its not against tos, however that type of traffic isnt very good, its all popups, so absolutely no-one clicks, not even 0.0001%

(ive tried it ;))

dsm56, May 2, 2006 IP
  5. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, this is a bit of a grey area. Adsense TOS prohibits "artificial inflating" of impressions, and buying traffic is definitely an artificial inflation of their impressions, and no one came there willingly of their own free will. Very, very grey area, but I wouldn't risk it, especially if you plan to use the more "popular" traffic programs. I'm sure Google has them all red flagged.

jackburton2006, May 2, 2006 IP
  6. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Eh, I just disliked his "This is how it's done, and everyone else is wrong!" attitude, when he admits to having failed at it. It's like roadkill trying to teach lessons in crossing the road. If one haven't been a success at something, it behooves one to not come across as the be-all-and-end-all expert regarding it.

7. TestedAdSenseNiches

TestedAdSenseNiches Guest

Best Answers:
    Wow, hold on there, buddy. Don't misinform the public. Not only buying traffic 100% within Google TOS, Google representative at WW who goes by ASA (AdSense Advisor) told repeatedly that there is nothing wrong with buying traffic for AdSense sites. NOTHING. In other words, IT'S OK WITH GOOGLE. Artificial inflation of impressions doesn't refer to buying traffic in any way shape or form. It refers to bots that act as if someone is visiting the site, racking up impressons.

TestedAdSenseNiches, May 2, 2006 IP
  8. dsm56

dsm56 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well ive decided to stop the whole MFA thing...
    For one I am stressing and worrying about getting banned too much and I dont really want that feeling all the time...

Also, although I was making about 100% return on investment, my rankings on adwords were so low (because of my low CTR rate) that the max i could make per day is $10-20...

I think it is probably better if you get natural traffic, but its hard with the adwords adsense combo.

dsm56, May 2, 2006 IP
  9. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Man, I am getting so sick of you...

10. Voasi

Voasi Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is why I love forums... :)

People getting heated over topics like this. Honestly, TestAdsenseNiches just seemed to counter your point. That's what forums are REALLY about...debate and discussion. Why get sick over it? Its why you come here right?

Voasi, May 2, 2006 IP
  11. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm hating to agree with TestedAdSenseNiches on this one, but the fact he HAS experience with it entitles him to expressing his opinion, whether the experience one where he made it work or whether he didn't make it work. The question afterall is "Can MFA sites work?" and his response for the large part is "not in the long term" which is a valid response. With all that considered he is probably the best person to be responding to this thread afterall "Those that can't, teach!" - :p - well that is how the old saying goies anyway - and if he was making a killing with MFAs I'd hate for him to tell the world anyway because it would just inspire the next bunch of quick buck junkies to get out there and spam the internet with some more MFA trash further devaluing the hard honest work of those doing it for the long term (like most DP members - and yourself I assume Jack).

Plus if I was making a killing I don't know if I would be spreading the love and telling the world - that is definitely a market you can't really protect once it is known to work because the traffic is basically purchased and anyone can pay for something. It's not like SERPs where improving in them takes time and effort and there is such a thing as first movers advantage in the world of search engines.

Burta, May 2, 2006 IP
  12. BNix

BNix Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Don't Cares , MFA got $1000 , Google got $1000
    Every MFA earns google earns , Google will care only when MFA violate TOS and wasting their trusted Advertiser

BNix, May 2, 2006 IP
  13. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google will also care if those going to MFA sites are just clicking on the links because there is nowhere else to go which results in a higher CTR from people that are "actually" interested in the ad they clicked on, which results in lower ROI for the advertisers which results in them not continuing their advertising with Google.

I personally think that Google Adwords isn't exactly a great form of advertising for my business - and I'm presently using it for exposure more than I'm using it for ROI - because if I was I would have dropped it quick smart.

Burta, May 2, 2006 IP
  14. TestedAdSenseNiches

TestedAdSenseNiches Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm not here to debate. There are a lot of things people can disagree on, from politics to cats vs. dogs. However, when a person says that buying traffic for AdSense sites violates Google TOS, while it's 100% legal and is completely within TOS, I think it's important to straighten facts out, because if nobody does, some people may stay misinformed this may impact their decisions.

TestedAdSenseNiches, May 2, 2006 IP