1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense And MFA Sites.

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by MKInfo, May 1, 2006.

1. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Running a successful MFA site requires money to spend on advertising, because no one is going to visit a site that looks like 5 million other sites, and search engines are always on the march to weed you out. My suggestion would be to get an advertising budget together and then perform your own experiments. I've done this over time, but in small bursts. But whatever keyword you use, always be aware that you should always have the POSSIBILITY to make more per click than what you're paying per click, or else you're just throwing money away. There is no visitor loyalty involved with a TRUE MFA site -- it's all about buying traffic and then converting it. It's pretty tricky, but very worth it if you have the money to spend.

jackburton2006, May 1, 2006 IP
  2. TestedAdSenseNiches

TestedAdSenseNiches Guest

Best Answers:
    It's not about money and it never was. AdWords charges you 5 bucks to open an account and has a credit system. It's not like people don't have credit cards or $50 or $100 is an outrageous sum of money that you have to save for a few years and can't afford to lose.
    There are three issues.
    1. Can you buy low. You really have to buy traffic for 2-3 cents.
    2. Can you sell high? How much will you get per click.
    3. How sustainable is the model? Will you lose your source of cheap traffic? Will you get smart priced?

Money isn't the issue at all. If you can find a way to do arbitrage long term with a profit, you'll get rich. Having a bank account with $$$$ isn't enough to be able to arbitrage traffic. It's difficult. I never was able to do it myself. Some people claim to be able to do that.

TestedAdSenseNiches, May 1, 2006 IP
  3. bpearson

bpearson Peon

Best Answers:
    all so remember there is more ppc engines out there then adwords

bpearson, May 1, 2006 IP
  4. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    TestedAdSenseNiches, your logic is faulty, m'man.

The last time I check, "5 bucks" is money. So yes, it does take money to use Adwords, and without Adwords, there is no traffic to send to MFA sites, so yes, it does take money to make money with MFA sites.

Not everyone has $100 to throw at Adwords. 90% (if not more) of people here are small-time publishers who barely clear $20/week. You don't think $100 is a lot to them to experiment with?

1. It takes money to buy low.
    2. It takes money to get clicks to sell high.
    3. It takes money even to get cheap traffic for an MFA site. And you can't be smartpriced until you start making money, and you can't make money until you get traffic, and you can't get traffic until you pay for it.

Oy. Now I'm convinced you simply have no ability to form common sense logic.

Oh ho! So Mister TestedAdSenseNiches confesses that he's a failure at this, and yet he has no qualms about throwing out such bold statements like he's been doing this for years and become a billionaire at it! Might wanna mention this at the very top next time, so I can just skip everything you say afterwards. ;)

5. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes and they all cost money to advertise on. ;) An MFA site isn't like a normal site, where you count on the search engines and word of mouth to send you traffic. Rarely will you get any decent traffic with an MFA site because the search engines are constantly weeding you out even if you manage to get high enough in their SERPs to matter. And for the small-time, non-tech person who has no skills to "trick" the SE's, it's all about paying for your traffic, otherwise you'll have a mesotholemia blog that no one visits.

6. Pakistani

Pakistani Active Member

Best Answers:
    they do work man! but needs promotion in start and a few advance changes to make them alive forever.

Pakistani, May 1, 2006 IP
  7. TestedAdSenseNiches

Best Answers:
    Right now, all my income comes from the web. I'm doing well with affiliate sales. And I'm doing well with AdSense. We are talking four figures, but not UPS club. However, I've never been able to make AdSense arbitrage work long term. I'm not afraid of admitting that.
    You really have to understand that what it takes to make money online is not money, but knowing niches that work. Information, that is. That's all. Inevitably, not every business idea or website will generate money. This has certainly been the case with me. However, I still managed to get enough income from the web to be able not to go to work every day. I think it's important to share experiences with others. I'm positive that I make more money than you, not because I'm smarter than you, but because I have more experience than you. But it doesn't mean that I'll never make any mistakes in my life. This is why I'm upfront about arbitrage - I don't think it's a sustainable long term model. But I know enough about it to tell you all the pros and cons. Arbitrage is not about money and if $100 is money for you, you'll never make it. Sometimes you have to invest in many bummer ideas until you stumble upon something that works. That's life.

TestedAdSenseNiches, May 1, 2006 IP
  8. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, I had no idea it was possible to be so arrogant and at the same time so utterly ignorant. Is this where we unzip our pants and compare length? :rolleyes:

9. Pammer

Pammer Notable Member

Best Answers:

INterstinnnnnnnnggggg... Anyone know what he says..... anyone know why he is always update a new pic, anyone know why he is starting a SEO radio station, anyone know why he is happy in his life... , Anyone know whose always think "whether i take a step ahead or i wanna more think ? or i wanna see the results.. from others webmaster" they r always going on disadvantages , anyone know whose not take a first risk.. he is always behind in his life level and also in SERPs level.... anyone knowwwwwwwwww ??

Pammer, May 1, 2006 IP
  10. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone know what the hell this guy is saying???? :eek:

11. Pammer

Pammer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    check shoemoney.com :) maybe you know....

Pammer, May 1, 2006 IP
  12. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    Seems he is Enquiring how shoemoney earn and his plans,ideas, secrets and all :rolleyes:

amitpatel_3001, May 1, 2006 IP
  13. Pammer

Pammer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    sorry for delete that ... post. anyone ask me.... dont do that post here. :) which i was delete here now

Pammer, May 1, 2006 IP
  14. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't say I really followed it...

Anyway to jackburton2006 and TestedAdSenseNiches lets not start a flame war in this lovely little community. I personally think TestedAdSenseNiches has a valid point, afterall this topic is about MFA's and MKInfo wanted to know if anyone had experience with them, TestedAdSenseNiches does - and it wasn't a good experience, which lead him to question their long term viability... makes sense to me. That said I can definitily see Jack Burton's side in that sometimes, especially in the beginning "it takes money to make money" and to a degree I think it's true - not that I think $100 is much money either (though it's all dependant on your perspective). I mean 2 years ago if I was asked to invest more than $50 into a site I'd be like "blow that it's just a site" these days I'm spending hundreds on establishing sites that probably won't even make that money back for at least a couple of months, but like you said TestedAdSenseNiches - you have experience you can see the value in the investment these days whereas many new Adsense publishers might not be as eager because they haven't seen the rewards that you have (earning four figures a month online tends to rekindle the faith that you can make money online - funny that :p). Anyway I have always wanted to try this whole arbitrage thing out and as soon as I get some of my latest sites up and running I'm definitely going have to check it out.

Burta, May 1, 2006 IP
  15. DavidAusman

DavidAusman Peon

Best Answers:
    $4 for 220 visits. That's cool! Would you mind sharing the keywords :)

DavidAusman, May 2, 2006 IP
  16. dsm56

dsm56 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If anyone is interested, yesterday using adwords adsense combo i made the same amount on adsense in dollars as i spent on adwords in GBP, so I lost about 45% of my money.
    Today so far I have made a 300% profit on my spending on adwords, I hope it stays that way.

(this is all using MFA sites)

dsm56, May 2, 2006 IP
  17. TestedAdSenseNiches

Best Answers:
    If you manage to find a sustainable model that works beyond first 30 days, you can start shopping for that new Ferrari.

TestedAdSenseNiches, May 2, 2006 IP
  18. dsm56

dsm56 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Id prefer a mercedes slk500 :)

dsm56, May 2, 2006 IP
  19. TestedAdSenseNiches

Best Answers:
    Well, if you manage to make it work - the choice is yours. All you'll need to do is create hundreds of MFA sites and bank the money. How much would a monthly payment for a new Mercedes would be? Somewhere around one grand if you have no down payment, probably. Maybe cheaper.

TestedAdSenseNiches, May 2, 2006 IP
  20. dsm56

dsm56 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ah shoot, i think its called an SL500 actually, never mind.
    How ironic, look what i found when i searched for "mercedes slk500" on google:

-- ALERT, THIS IS AN MFA SITE -- (not mine)
    http://clickzzz.com/go/?qq=mercedes

dsm56, May 2, 2006 IP