1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdSense and Kontera... finally allowed - for small publishers too!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by jcomm, Feb 14, 2007.

1. "firelady"

"firelady" Peon

Best Answers:
    I was very lucky to have found this very long on-going thread in DP because this is the kind of information that i am dying to understand on my way to a new ADSense account (soon!).

I hope to understand this Kontera on my next search venue hopefully this coming week. am just dying to know more about stuff i could use to earn me some extra this summer.

thanks for this info>>> :D

"firelady", Mar 13, 2007 IP
  2. Chris369

Chris369 Peon

Best Answers:

Ah I see, good point I guess :)

Chris369, Mar 13, 2007 IP
  3. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a problem that others have touched on as well. Kontera should fix this problem so that textlinks don't appear in post titles. The only solution is to make your post title a link. The textlink won't show up on active links.

NewToAllThis, Mar 13, 2007 IP
  4. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why not use the Kontera section thing and start the div on the first line under the heading tag?

Won't work for all headings, but is keeping links from appearing in my H1 tags.

YMC, Mar 13, 2007 IP
  5. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    Blogger is not very div friendly.

NewToAllThis, Mar 13, 2007 IP
  6. htmlindex

htmlindex Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't get any acceptance email, but just checked if my login works, seems like I've been accpeted after a long wait :D

htmlindex, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  7. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It took 8 days for me.

2 days on - 1 click. Hopefully, just a slow start.

YMC, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  8. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    1 click? Do you have any traffic? You might want to Digg yourself. :D

NewToAllThis, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  9. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have as much traffic as I would like. I have been in crisis mode with another site and have not been promoting any of my sites like I should for the past month, but the traffic on the site with Kontera has not dropped, just not grown.

I got sucked into that whole Digg hates DP thing and my account was banned. Just haven't tried to do anything more with them since. Might be an idea though.

Based on the ads I am getting (many not much better matches than Google), I wonder if the person who clicked was simply trying to get rid of the ad pop-up rather than actually trying visit the advertised site.

YMC, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  10. inject00

inject00 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am new to this forum but have sat in the background for some time. I have picked up many helpful tips so I apologize if I upset any members who have helped me so much up until now.

What I love about the sem/affiliate community is that everyone is always open and honest amongst themselves. Examples are the people who present shows on webmasterradio and people who provide great information on their blogs and in forums.

In my opinion people like Joel Comm ruin that sense of community and introduce distrust through seeing people like us as potential customers rather than allies. I personally signed up for this program and have had positive results, but I do not trust Joel Comm (and anyone else who writes sales letters). I seriously hope at least one person is insightful enough to have at least had their suspicions aroused.

Again, thank you for the information everyone has provided me so far. But I really think this is BS and has to be discussed.

inject00, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  11. ThisBuzz

ThisBuzz Peon

Best Answers:
    I must say, you did well for yourself on your first post

Had you just read the book

How to make Friends and Influence people?

:D

ThisBuzz, Mar 14, 2007 IP
    RomanticGuy likes this.
  12. Rasputin

Rasputin Peon

Best Answers:
    As far as I know Joel Comm has never pretended to be anything he isn't. He has often offered good advice on DP. This thread seems to have helped a lot of people. No I've never bought any of his products.

Maybe he gets a kickback from Kontera for this thread, who cares if lots of people are happy and earning more money/diversifying their income.

So a personal attack seems pretty much out of place. If there is someone who's views you don't share, fine, just ignore their threads.

Unless of course you ARE Joel Comm, secretly reviving interest in this thread, in which case my answer is different:D

Rasputin, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  13. DaMa

DaMa Peon

Best Answers:
    Back to topic, i cant remember how payment is made with kontera. cheque most likely, but when do they pay out? once reaching 100 dollars would be good.

DaMa, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  14. jcomm

jcomm Peon

Best Answers:
    Will the REAL Joel Comm please stand up?

/me stands ;-)

Our friend illustrates one of the downsides of being high profile. People take jabs at you just because you are out there. I understand.

It's no secret that Kontera has an affiliate program. It's right there on their page. Any Kontera publisher can refer other publishers and get a small percentage of earnings.

But I did go to great lengths to get Kontera to approve my idea. Why shouldn't I get some benefit for getting them to see the light and welcome small publishers? It's good for the publisher, good for the advertiser to have wider reach and good for Kontera.

Joel

jcomm, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  15. Chris369

Chris369 Peon

Best Answers:
    They have a referral program? Shit, could have referred my bro .. couldn't see anything about it in the control panel :(

Chris369, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  16. ThisBuzz

ThisBuzz Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Joel

I have absolutely no problem with it, I joined the program purely because of you but did not mention you as the referral instead mentioned this DP thread.

As far as I know you being the affiliate that referred me does not affect my income and it was you who pointed me in the right direction, so why shouldn't you benefit.

ThisBuzz, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  17. DaMa

DaMa Peon

Best Answers:
    Allthough my sits dont show many content links, i fell in love with kontera. They sped up the content links on my pages in one day. I never had to wait longer than 2 days for a reply email. I like the simplicity, even though i dont make big bucks with them YET, its fun to work with them and experiment. Much more fun than to experiment with adsense nowadays.

And at last, i do this stuff because of fun and not money. If you focus on money only, you wont have sucess, if you treat it as a hobby you'll get it all back someday. Thats what i did back in the days when i joined Adsense. It was fun to experiment with colors, placements, read the suggestions here and it somewhen also paid of income whise. Yeah ok, you make some extra bucks/month, but if you just focus on money making you will give up someday if you cant see a progress in earnings.

If there'd be a school dedicated to stuff like that i'd visit it simply because its fun.

DaMa, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  18. inject00

inject00 Peon

Best Answers:
    Joel made out like we should sign up for this and said in his first comment that this is not an affiliate code. Therefore he has just admitted to not telling the truth. I think that is unethical. If he had said "this program is great, here is my affiliate code, you may use it or not use it" then that would have been fine. People like Joel do not give you anything for nothing, so it is about time everyone exposed him for what he is.

At least he has admitted it.

inject00, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  19. ThisBuzz

ThisBuzz Peon

Best Answers:
    inject00

if you have a problem with Joel why don't you discuss it with him in private, this isn't a school playground where we must all take sides

I for one come to this site to get information and to hopefully once in a while help others

if it turns into another trash site it will only go one way

ThisBuzz, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  20. inject00

inject00 Peon

Best Answers:
    how would you feel if I started a thread and said "this is a great ebook that helped me to earn $10K a day. I would recommend it". And it turned out I owned the ebook. You would not be happy. Just because Joel is a high profile internet marketer does not make him any different.

inject00, Mar 15, 2007 IP