1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdSense and Kontera... finally allowed - for small publishers too!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by jcomm, Feb 14, 2007.

1. fgs

fgs Peon

Best Answers:
    For me it was -20% of AdSense , but +35% made up by Kontera.... sooo ill take it

fgs, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  2. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    I noticed the same thing. I can't come up with a reason for Adsense CPC to drop.

- Is Goog doing something like detecting the presence of another network and punishing us by serving lower paying ads? That would be so evil.

- Are visitors somehow influenced to click on lower paying ads (ads in position 3 or 4 instead of 1 or 2) with Kontera on the page? That woulld be utterly bizarre.

- Or any other theories?

Or maybe just a big coincidence. I noticed another thread where a lot of people are complaining that since the beginning of March Adsense CPC has been way down.

geomark, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  3. Neo_surya

Neo_surya Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been with Kontera since 1 year. it works great for forumsand Article based sites.

Neo_surya, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  4. fgs

fgs Peon

Best Answers:
    what percentage of your adsense earnings do you get from kontera?

fgs, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  5. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Kontera appears to be better thamn many expected. Quite a few people are repporting good earnings from it.

qwestcommunications, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  6. Crusader

Crusader Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't see any drop in Adsense earnings after I added Kontera. They aren't performing that greatly for me though their payout per click is on par with what I'm getting from Adsense.

Crusader, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  7. alejandro

alejandro Active Member

Best Answers:
    For everyone who thinks you can't have both on your site, this is my response from Google:

"I'm happy to report that you're welcome to display ads from other contextual ad networks, such as Kontera, if the formatting or color scheme of these ads is sufficiently different from the layout of the Google ads."

Yeah baby.

alejandro, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  8. edyonline

edyonline Peon

Best Answers:
    anyone has experience kontera in ajax content? it seems like kontera ads does not display on content that is retrieved using ajax :(

edyonline, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  9. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sure that's an Adsense geek toying with your CPM. There's no reason why your CPM should drop because you have Kontera textlinks. Obviously, Adsense is worried about losing publishers to Kontera. I would leave the textlinks up. After a while your CPM should stabilize once Adsense's geeks see that you're not removing the code. Adsense is the devil. :mad:

NewToAllThis, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  10. DaMa

DaMa Peon

Best Answers:
    Hm, could be. Today my earnings are higher again.. guess i wont put up kontera again since the money i loose from adsense is way more than what i win with kontera.

DaMa, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  11. KonteraSupport

KonteraSupport Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi DaMa -

My name is Karen and I'm an account manager here at Kontera.

While our publishers generally don't see their AdSense income reduced, some do, but they have reported that the decrease is generally higher in the first few days, which is why we strongly suggest to our new publishers that they give our program 10 days to provide our algorithm to optimize itself and to let site visitor curiousity (which may explain our temporarily "pullihng" clicks from AdSense.

Give it 10 days and evaluate the results then.

Regards,

Karen
    Kontera Support

KonteraSupport, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  12. KonteraSupport

KonteraSupport Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi NewToAllThis -

No one will argue that site visitors are getting more and more savvy, but we have to remember that keeping the site visitor from being annoyed/tricked/manipulated is key.

Please send us the URL of a page that you think will look better with the single underline and we'll have our support group take a look to manipulate the look and feel for you.

We want you to be happy, too!

Regards,

Karen
    Kontera Support

13. fgs

fgs Peon

Best Answers:
    Im on day and my CPM is down 0.50.... :confused:

fgs, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  14. KonteraSupport

KonteraSupport Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi Romanticguy --

My name is Karen and I am an account manager here at Kontera.

We have dozens of tools available to us to help publishers optimize the look and feel of our ContentLinks on their site. Please let us know how we can help you fix any areas of concern by sending the URL of the page to support at kontera dot com

We will be glad to help you with any implementation issues.

Regards,

Karen
    Kontera Support

15. RomanticGuy

RomanticGuy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Karen,

I just installed Kontera on my website. I noticed the FAQs on your website mention the default number of Kontera ads on a page is 5 and that is also the number that your company recommends. I have some pages on my site that are displaying 16 ads. It looks a bit crowded. Is this just during the optimization period? Does having that many ads help determine which ads will be successful on my website? I ask this because I think 16 ads on a page is a bit much, but I am willing to live with it for a week or two if I will end up with better results.

I have also noticed what appear to be run of the network ads. My experience is they provide a poor experience for the user and poor financial performance for the website owner. I am hoping that these ads will disappear over time and leave the ads more relevant to my website content.

RomanticGuy, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  16. letsmakeamillion

letsmakeamillion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If someone has a website with 100 adsense links on it and 1000 visitors a day and then adds Kontera, I dont see how adsense can not suffer in total revenue from this mix..

I guess it is just a question of how much percentage drop in adsense revenue there is..

Seems like it is a question of supply an demand and overall visitor experience.

letsmakeamillion, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  17. RomanticGuy

RomanticGuy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can explain how Kontera ads may not impact your Adsense revenue. Banner blindness. The people reached with Kontera ads may not even see the Adsense ads. The Kontera ads are right in the content, where at least for now, most people still see them.

RomanticGuy, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  18. mate_pl

mate_pl Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my case, Kontera shows better results than Adsense. My niche is software downloads and Adsense revenues are very very low (two days ago I got 12 clicks and earned only 20 cents!), but Kontera is giving me approx. 10-15 cents/click

mate_pl, Mar 10, 2007 IP
  19. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, you know how many clicks you are going to get "the day afer tomorrow"?! Could you please PM me the lottery numbers for next week?

geomark, Mar 10, 2007 IP
  20. mate_pl

mate_pl Active Member

Best Answers:
    edited... i was in a rush :)

mate_pl, Mar 10, 2007 IP