1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Ad Unit Text only

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Vrindavan, Mar 23, 2011.

I have my setting as Adsense Ad Unit Text only.

But i received Google email twice to ask me change my setting to display both text/image ads.

I don't believe in their claim that i can make more money doing so.

What do you think ?

Vrindavan, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  2. basickno

basickno Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry, google is automatically sending emails to you. If you do so, google can deside which ads will perform better on your site and which (text or image) ad will make more money for both you and google. I recommend you to try both (only text, text & image) for week or two and monitor the results. You will get the answer.

basickno, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  3. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You should believe it because image ads get more clicks.

Laceygirl, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  4. Codbox

Codbox Active Member

Best Answers:
    If they told so you should think of a change or they will ban your account :)

Codbox, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  5. basickno

basickno Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Laceygirl. It's not always true that image ads get more clicks. It depends on What ads is being displayed, how it is relative to the interest of visitor and how eye catching it is. If title in text ads is more relative and eye catching, that can also get clicked more.

Another reason: Image ad is only one ad per ad unit covering full space while text ads show multiple ads increasing the number of chances to be get clicked. If reader is not interested in first text ad, he may get interest in second or the third one. It does not happens with image ads.

6. basickno

basickno Member

Best Answers:
    It's only an automatic reminder email and there is nothing like ban your account. Don't worry be happy.

7. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense will auto-send you this kind of email because they can have more "option" or saying more type of ads to display, you can just ignore it. To display both image/text is better if your website do not have sufficient keyword (mean no ads was show due to no keyword matching), then you shall consider use both image/text.

By the way, i suggest you to try on both text only for 2~3 weeks, and then try text/image ads for 2~3 weeks. After that, you can compare the result and use the one giving your better earning

lifeplayer, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  8. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this depend to the site probably. arcade sites prefer to have image ads but other sites that contains explanations to users use text ads which usually works.

etc, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  9. rob485

rob485 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well said by lifeplayer. You don't have to panic nor follow everything Google suggests to do your site as long as you believe or you have already tried out all the possible
    options and found out the best format for your site.

rob485, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  10. soniagupta188

soniagupta188 Peon

Best Answers:
    I too believe that image ad earn more !!!

soniagupta188, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  11. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    Google will not ban if you don't change. Just do the research for knowing the maximum potential.
    Try the text ads for one week and the image ads for the next week and the both option for the third week.

markov, Mar 25, 2011 IP