1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Account Disabled?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Josh, Feb 16, 2005.

1. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Bidclix also does contextual ads Josh, could that be the reason or what do you think the reason was?

anthonycea, Feb 25, 2005 IP
  2. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    :eek: I didn't realise Josh you were 13 either!! I suppose we have all stopped trusting the avatars with so many George Bushs and Cindy Crawfords around :rolleyes:

Anyway, I don't think you are "whining" but I do agree with the ones who think that you should just move on and find another advertiser. I doubt if you will find any others of the same quality but you do need to find another source of revenue, right? And in the meantime, see if you can get some response from Google.

dfsweb, Feb 25, 2005 IP
  3. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    no offense intended - but if you're burned out with it, don't read it....

wendydettmer, Feb 25, 2005 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah man, this is what forum is all about, discussing problems, plus Josh is our # 1 young star at Digital Point. :)

Don't mess with him man, he has a lot of fans here :eek:

5. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had an instance when google approved a site where my friends adsense was disabled. Hence I think they are only looking for the publisher and not the site. For eaxample, suppose, if the site was sold, then how the new owner be able to monetize it ?

Hence i think google checks the site only in the start.

Btw, anyone heard of getting adsense *again* for a banned person. with same name, address etc.

Regards,
    Tuning

Tuning, Feb 25, 2005 IP
  6. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    i have......

david_sakh, Feb 25, 2005 IP
  7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    You have what David, tell us more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Josh I know you have used Targetpoint, what is wrong with putting them back up?

You will be pleased to know that Overture is coming out with a contextual system like ADSENSE soon, so you will be able to get other programs down the road.

There are many options out there, but for some of them you need a hell of a lot of traffic or you are dead in the water as they will not work with small operators.

Get traffic first, the programs can always be added later.

8. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, I will be more clear.

This question is does google allow adsense participation after several months of being disabled and have committed fraud ?

What if the guy in question learned a lot ( good and bad ), and need to get back the adsense account ?

And he also promises not to do any fraud in future.

Will google accepts ?

Tuning, Feb 25, 2005 IP
  9. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    do you mean they will accept an account with the same name? yes.

10. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Thanks for the info!
    btw, how long it took for you before getting another account ? :)

btw2, do you told google team the truth or just applied once again ? :confused:

Tuning, Feb 25, 2005 IP
  11. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    It was about 2 weeks, and they know the whole truth. I never lied.

12. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    After I got booted from adsense, I had them up for a while.. but they where paying nothing. I had 7 clicks one day, made 2 cents. The CTR was really pathetic too.

Josh

Josh, Feb 26, 2005 IP
  13. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Holly Molly Josh, you still git this thread goin? I must say I was really interested in the outcome here. What I suspected was the fact...No empathy from the tall and mighty G. Some learning lessons are expensive eh?

While contriguting to this thread it became apparent to me that I was in breach of G's TOS...I had 2 accounts. I have emailed G.

I received no formal response fro G but acct # . (login sXXX) was disabled and my main account was left enabled :)

Now I sleep well at night. :D

Homer, Feb 26, 2005 IP
  14. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    What sites did you have adsense on and why do you think you got booted, because of the same IP's clicking on ads over and over maybe???

anthonycea, Feb 26, 2005 IP
  15. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Josh, Feb 26, 2005 IP
  16. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I signed up again for Adsense.. under same name/site as last time (new email though). I didn't get a name, phone, address, site, etc blocked error, so we shall see how this turns out :)

If my new account gets accepted, should I purchase a click tracker (I was looking at www.asrep.com) to help catch any suspicous activity before Google does? Is it worth the $50?

Josh

Josh, Feb 26, 2005 IP
  17. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Josh, I was just going to tell you to do that, create some new sites and apply again, but it looks like you have done that.

The only reason I can think of is the same IP's came in too many times or you clicked on your own ads from the same cookie in your computer.

Make sure you never click on your own ads and don't let your friends on your forum know about your sites (snowball in hell chance of that, but tell them not to click on your ads) as they may want to "do you a favor" by clicking on your ads to make their "friend" some money.

I click on ads here when I am interested in them and take a chance that my publisher number may come up, I wish there was a better way to know when my pub # comes up here so I could click on ads I am interested in here at DP but I guess I will have to quit taking chances here also.

Josh, when are you going to build some sites for me as we discussed?

18. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Oops.. I forgot about that anthony, any sites you have in mind?

/me anxiously awaits word from Google :D

Josh

Josh, Feb 26, 2005 IP
  19. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    We will build some portals when we have a chance to get together Josh. in the mean time, good luck with Google.

Read my last post again and be sure to talk to your friends as that may well be what got you in trouble with Google.

20. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Hi guys,
    Hope you don't mind me chipping in here. I have read this thread from start to finish and there are several areas I can see problems with regard to Adsense.

for example, from https://www.google.com/adsense/policies:

You may wish to pay particular attention to the part about excessive use of irrelevant keywords ;)

It is also highly likely that your proxy browser goes against this part of the policy (although it is not why your account was disabled):
    And then there are the Webmaster Guidelines at the bottom of the policy page which include;
    I really think that before you decide to reapply for Adsense ... sorry, you're Dad reapplies :) you should examine your sites for adherence to the requirements of Google. Since you obviously haven't read the policy regarding adsense, I wouldn't expect a reply from google over why you have been dropped from their publishing network.

You are breaking many of their guidelines and are clearly smart enough to know which terms will trigger the higher paid ads since you have added them to your site(s) using css.

This is no doubt why you were suspended from an Adsense account and why the reason given was "invalid clicks". By deliberately including the keywords to trigger Adsense's higher paying ads but without actually having the targeted traffic an 'on-topic' website would have, you generating false clicks. It is fairly clear after visiting your sites that this is what got your account disabled.

If you want to be reconsidered by Google as an Adsense publisher, you really need to develop another website but this time make it a content driven one which naturally supports Adsense.

Nice browser by the way. Impressive work. 13? Wow! :)

McF

mcfox, Feb 27, 2005 IP
    david_sakh likes this.