1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Account Disabled?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Josh, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    I suppose thats possible.. but the odd thing is, it should strip all adsense ads from any pages it browses (I did that to safegaurd against that very thing), but I suppose its possible that it wasn't working right or something.

Ugh.. I just wish Google would get back to me :(

Josh

Josh, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Because when I use your vbrowser anything in that vbrowser frame is gonna look like requests are coming from one IP, "your" IP. This looks to include the ads that are there as well.

If I had to guess I would say vbrowser it was got you banned.

Mia, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  3. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm.. I guess if I ever get a reply from Google, I will reply back and tell them that, and I think I know way to prevent that from happening in the future ;)

Grr.. and I was pulling in so many clicks, and I am even going to be in the USA today on friday, thats gonna really give some traffic. What a bad time.

Josh

Josh, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  4. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I read that post... Congrats...

I'd set up adhearus pretty quick if I were you ;)

SEbasic, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  5. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    is there any chance of your acct ever being reinstated (in case it does get closed)?

Liminal, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  6. pg20706

pg20706 Peon

Best Answers:
    Josh, Sorry to hear sad story. IMO, proxy server/broswer scares online advertisers unless your site converts very well. I believe you ddidn't do anything against G's TOS. Google doesn't like clicks from same IP. On the other hand, G doen't like to see broswer blocking their ads either. I would like to suggest you to email Google and promise them you will remove Adsense from your proxy site. Most proxy servers make money by subscription fee. You might want to consider that to cover your cost.

pg20706, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  7. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Josh: That's really kind of bogus...let's go out today and go click crazy on all of our competitor's AS banners and get them all banned...Seems unfair! Without warning :mad: If that is the case you'de think G has a safeguard in place for this and a warning system so you know...and can take corrective action.

However, as you know G is not obligated to explain anything to you, SUCKS! If you are appearing in USA today I wouldn't wait...when the traffic comes you want to have some PPC in place. I have tried fastclick. They don't pay anywhere near what G pays (approx 10%) but something is better that '0'. This may be a short term solution, NOW. And patiently (keep emailing genuine concerns) wait for the all might G reponse.

If G does respond, and cuts you some slack, hoooray! Just rember that G won't allow you to run fastclick on the same page so you'll lhave to remove it if G reinstates you. I will assume you are doing this with 'include' programming? If not, you should it will be much easier to change if you are given the benefit of a doubt fro G.

Good luck, buddy. Keep us posted on the final outcome.

Homer, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  8. jackburton

jackburton Peon

Best Answers:
    This has nothing to do with Josh, but:

I don't quite buy into this "my competitor sabotage me" theory. Wouldn't Google KNOW it wasn't you who was doing it? We're talking about a multi-national billion dollar company here, with all the best tech stuff and the brightest geeks at their disposal. And you are telling me they can't tell the difference between the webmaster clicking on his own ads and a third party sabotaging the webmaster?

jackburton, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  9. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Fastclick wouldn't accept my site for some reason, so I can't do that :(

Heh.. I am having no luck at all with advertising.

Josh

Josh, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  10. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Well.. they can look at the IP that is logging into the adsense stats, and the one that signed up, and know that that is the webmaster. But, whats to prevent me from using a proxy to hide my IP and click the ads hundreds of times, or to ask a friend to click the ads hundreds of time.

In there eyes, multiple clicks from the same IP withen a short time is click fraud..

Josh

Josh, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  11. jackburton

jackburton Peon

Best Answers:
    As to the "proxy line" thing, I'm still not convinced they can't figure it out with all the tech at their disposal.

But I guess it all comes down to the fact that you, and the vast majority of their publishers, are not "big time", and thus not worth wasting time to investigate and get right.

Have you tried Overture? I hear they are Adsense's only competitor right now.

12. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Some way somehow a red flag went up...

I agree with this but I think only Josh and G can come to a logical conclusion/ reason for this. G really needs publishers and am sure do not enjoy doing this. They must have just reason and this should be shared with the webmaster in question. If it's an honest error on part of the webmaster we should be permitted to learn from this by G, whether they reinstate or not.

Homer, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  13. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont see my "error" :p

Aside from those two clicks, but I really really dont think thats it.

Even if they don't reinstate me, I would just like to know some details :p

I kinda doubt they need publishers.. with the Google searches, and all the thousands and thousands of existing publishers, killing me is not loosing them any money at all.

Josh

Josh, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  14. jackburton

jackburton Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah that's the thing. They probably spend 99% of all their TLC on their big publishers. Everyone else barely gets any attention. That's why all the generic emails they send out to people they disconnect.

15. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I was looking through my AWStats, and there is a huge spike in bandwidth usage.. it was a whopping 4GB yesterday! Usualy its 1-2GB a day... so 4GB is a first, and the number of visitors was about the same as normal.. so something is deffinatly wrong there.

/me is feeling really depressed about the whole thing

Josh

Josh, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  16. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have your average page views doubled too?? What about hits??

dfsweb, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  17. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    No, hits,visits, pageviews, everything was about the same...

Heres a screenshot of my stats:

[​IMG]

Josh

Josh, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  18. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's really strange. In fact, the number of visitors yesterday are less than the day before. And, the page views and hits are about the same.

The only thing I can think of, is if the excess bandwidth was used by other protocols, i.e: FTP access etc.

dfsweb, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  19. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Are you talking about your smiley site? Because taking a quick look, it seems as if your images were called from other servers. For example, lets say I use one of your images here. Then 100 people come and read the thread. Your image will be called 100 times.
    You can't control that and as more people know about your site and start using your images you will continue to use up more and more bandwith.

fryman, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  20. secretgraphix

secretgraphix Peon

Best Answers:
    sorry to hear that a friend of mine was just disabled too.... sad sad thing

secretgraphix, Feb 17, 2005 IP