1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Account Disabled?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Josh, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    But the thing I dont get, is why I never got any type of email. (If I didn't meet their policy)

I had a friend that had hidden text/keywords on his site, Google sent him an email asking him to remove it, and didn't disable his account.

I even had another 'friend' that put 'Please click the ads!' on his site, and Google didn't even disable his account, just sent him an email asking him to take it down.

I didn't do any of the above, and didn't get any email... just got disabled instantly.

Oh well :(

Josh

Josh, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Josh, were you clicking on ads yourself or any of your friends, were there repeated clicks from the same IP's :confused:

anthonycea, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  3. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    I had clicked them twice accidently, I put them to close to my nav on one of my sites... but that was weeks before it got canceled, and I think it would have been sooner if that was the cause.

Josh

Josh, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Josh, you are too smart to hold down, Google will let you back in down the road, just apply with a different site versus the last one you applied with.

At this time you should just build pages and traffic, the rest will take care of itself, TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC, that is what you need at this time.

5. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Josh, it was the concealed text in smileyville that got you disabled, simple as that.

I was reading some earlier threads where you specifically mention web hosts, etc, etc. as being high-paying keywords for Adsense. That particular post was in December 2004. Google read the forums too ;)

On the site in question (smileyville), there is next to no written content, which is pretty much a prerequisite for displaying Adsense.

mcfox, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  6. cafedelbalkan

cafedelbalkan Peon

Best Answers:
    I think i figured out why they disabled me, but same as Josh's mine was disabled weeks after fradulent clicks. The thing is I was searching for Merchant accounts and I was using the Google Search Box, I was pretty new to Google and I was already disabled. And by reading these forums I think my chances of getting reinstated are zero to none. :mad: :(

Does anybody know any good Affiliate programs that are similar to google. I have read here that Kanoodle is pretty bad. Does anybody know more about 7 search.

I'm trying to build a computer online community where we can share ideas and help each other. I dont know what good affiliate program would be good for that. If somebody wants to check it out its at the address:
    www.cafedelbalkan.com/english/html/index.php

cafedelbalkan, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Do the same thing I told Josh, build some new sites and re-apply, once they approve you, then you can add all your other sites, just don't screw up next time.

Yahoo is coming out with a ADSENSE type program, Google is not the only show in town, just the best right now.

Try www.bidvertiser.com

www.bidclix.com

www.targetpoint.com

Plus there are many affiliate programs you can add to your pages.

Check out:

www.cj.com

www.linkshare.com

Maybe others will give you more in this thread.

8. BlueFusionX

BlueFusionX Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, my account was disabled too. They are evil.
    And they haven't replied back...

BlueFusionX, Mar 6, 2005 IP
    cafedelbalkan likes this.
  9. cafedelbalkan

cafedelbalkan Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Anthony,

I have to change the complete Adress, I wouldnt be able to do that on the subdomain of my Original Site would I? Well I'll wait until I generate more trafic on this one so I'll see later on about that. For now I aplied with BidClix and Advertising.com and I am waiting for their response. Currently i Have 7Search.com AccessoryAds, and Kanoodle POPUnder.

cafedelbalkan, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  10. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:

If that is the case, then why would they tell him it was due to fradulant clicks and not for concealed text?

wendydettmer, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  11. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Wendy, Josh said that he did not know why they dropped him other than he made a few clicks by mistake.

Sure you are not thinking of the other guy that cut and pasted his emails a few posts ago :confused:

12. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    no i'm not :)

the very first post of this thread though was josh pasting the email he got from google, where it talked about invalid clicks, although i suppose the email was somewhat vague.

wendydettmer, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  13. paymentapprovaltooslow

paymentapprovaltooslow Banned

Best Answers:
    If you are banned, you arent getting back in..plain and simple.

They will cancel all other accounts. They simply check your SS number and bing your gone.

The only way you can get back in, is if you can convince adsense they made an error with god proof.

This thread shoudl have died long ago.

BUt good luck Josh. Keep working on your sites.

paymentapprovaltooslow, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  14. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Ok, I take your point.

I should have said that in my opinion, it was the concealed text on Smileyville which were of the nature; "web host, web hosting, web design, web, hosting, web site host, etc" which generated the 'invalid clicks' referred to by Google in the email.

After I examined the sites Josh mentioned in this thread, it took me only a few seconds to locate the hidden text. I would also point out that the site on which I located the text, smileyville, had virtually no textual content, which is another requirement for displaying Adsense.

I would echo anthonycea's earlier advice to build another, content filled web site, drive traffic to it and then reapply for Google adsense on the new site. Just don't get it disabled by breaching the TOS.

The bottom line is that if you hide text on your pages stuffed with trigger keywords with the sole purpose of generating high-paying ads, then you know what you were doing and you also know why your account gets disabled when Google decides to disable your Adsense account.

It may sound harsh but an advertiser paying $5.00 a click isn't going to want his monthly advertising budget wiped out subsidising a Smiley site. At the end of the day, Google has a duty towards the advertiser and it's one they take very seriously.

They don't owe you an explanation if you are hiding keywords to trigger ads and you won't get an email telling you why since you already know.

mcfox, Mar 7, 2005 IP
  15. paymentapprovaltooslow

paymentapprovaltooslow Banned

Best Answers:
    No 5 dollar ad is gonna show up on a smiley site...lol

paymentapprovaltooslow, Mar 7, 2005 IP
  16. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes McFox, in this case Josh is being a bit too smart, hey Josh build sites correctly, you have too much going for you to screw around :)

anthonycea, Mar 7, 2005 IP
  17. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh my goodness!! I read almost 7-8 pages of this thread and then left half-way but I got one thing very clear...

This thread made Josh young superstar!! :D.... nice thread! Bye!

maverick, Mar 9, 2005 IP
  18. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Yes I agree :D. Josh and those that contributed to this thread appear to have uncovered the root of the problem...that's what it's all about :)

Homer, Mar 9, 2005 IP
  19. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Bah, I emailed Google again and got a reply:

Hello Josh,

Thank you for your email regarding the action taken on your account.

As you know, Google treats instances of invalid click activity very
    seriously. By disabling your account according to our policy on this
    matter, we feel that we have taken the necessary measures to protect our
    advertisers and to ensure that invalid clicks will not continue to occur
    on your site.

Publishers disabled for invalid click activity are not allowed further
    participation in Google AdSense. We appreciate your understanding.

Sincerely,

The Google Team

Josh

Josh, Mar 18, 2005 IP
  20. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Well that sucks.. I'm glad to hear you finally got a response though.

Mia, Mar 18, 2005 IP