1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Account Disabled...

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by writtalin, Mar 11, 2014.

So my AdSense account was just disabled and I'm trying to figure out why. The site is http://writtalin.com. I had one post last week that had the word "upskirt" in it, but it was just referencing a legal issue in Massachussetts...could that be it?

The only other thing I can think of is that I've been using StumbleUpon Paid Discovery. Is that banned by Adsense? Looking for some answers. Appreciate help.

Furthermore, what is the best adsense alternative, should I need it?

Cheers.

writtalin, Mar 11, 2014 IP
  2. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm seeing ad's there? Are you using someone elses? Clean site by the way, I like it. There should be no issue with "upskirt" if there's no upskirt pictures on your site. I'm not sure on alternatives - I use game sponsors - intergi.com.

thsadmin, Mar 11, 2014 IP
  3. writtalin

writtalin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I got the email about an hour ago, and the ads haven't disappeared yet...could just be caching that's keeping them up for the time being.

I thought the upskirt thing was a non-issue too, but last week, when that article was prominently displayed, Adsense wasn't visible on the pages where it resided, so I thought that might be the problem. Any thoughts on the StumbleUpon PD?

I'll look into that site, thank you! And thanks for the kind words on my site. I'm on pace for about 90k UV's this month (only my 3rd month of existence) and I really want to start monetizing as efficiently as possible.

4. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah, some words will trigger that response - not to show ad's, but a quick search shows news articles about upskirts & that particular case... some of those have Adsense. Unless some of those articles on your site are duplicates, again that's no big issue - as long as you have majority unique. I have never used SU Discovery, but sometimes arbitrage can be an issue, depends on the quality of traffic. Did they mention any reasons as to why you were banned?

5. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What exactly did the disabling email say?

Agent000, Mar 11, 2014 IP
  6. writtalin

writtalin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    "With our advertising programs, we strive to create an online ecosystem that benefits publishers, advertisers and users. For this reason, we sometimes have to take action against accounts that demonstrate behavior toward users or advertisers that may negatively impact how the ecosystem is perceived. In your case, we have detected invalid activity in your AdSense account and it has been disabled.

We're limited in the amount of information we can provide about your specific violation. We understand this can be frustrating for you, but we've taken these precautionary measures because intentional violators can use this information to circumvent our detection systems.

In some cases, publishers can make significant changes to correct the violation and are willing to comply with the AdSense program policies (google.com/adsense/policies). For this reason, we offer an appeals process as an opportunity to work with you to resolve the issue."

Verbatim email, listed above.

I have 100% original content so that's no issue; it must be something to do with StumbleUpon PD...anyone else have this problem?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2014
  7. Agent000

Best Answers:
    This means that the behavior of those that click on adsense on your site are outside statistical norms as detected by their algorithms. The traffic from your site is not worth it to the advertiser to pay for. Would you pay for traffic if you got a poor return on that investment?

You chances of getting your account back for this is virtually no chance.

To get you account back you are going to have to explain the nature of that traffic; why it was problematic; what you did when you first detected it to protect the advertiser; and what you are going to stop it happening again. I assume yo do not have that information. You agreed when you joined adsense that you would be responsible for the traffic.

Your appeal has to contain all this info to succeed. If your appeal is just a denial = epic fail

ryan_uk likes this.
  8. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
  9. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I remember back in the day when arbitrage was huge, buy shite traffic & send it to your pages, get a shit load of clicks & a huge profit... used to buy from Adengage - like 2000 visits for $5 (legit traffic from shite sources) & I was making a %400 return on investment, in my peak I was spending $500 on shite traffic/ad's & getting $2000 - $3000 back from Adsense... & then they slapped the shite out of heaps of us... got my money, lost my Adsense account lol. Oh the good old days.

10. Agent000

Best Answers:
    You weren't getting it from "Adsense"; you were getting it from the hard working small businesses who paid good money for the adverts and expected a return on that investment. They did not expect useless traffic from scammers.

ryan_uk likes this.
  11. writtalin

writtalin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You mad, bro.

thsadmin likes this.
  12. writtalin

writtalin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    But in seriousness, what are the best alternatives, assuming I can't get it back? I just got accepted to blogads and I'm trying to figure out that clusterfuck...

13. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    And that's why Arbitrage died in the ass & we all got slapped by Google. It was common practice back in the day, I'm talking about 2004-2006 era... the day of the MFA reaching it's peak. It's still being used these days - quality control in Google is just a lot more strict. I learnt from those lessons & so did many others. It wasn't scamming, it was exploiting the system... like I said, it still goes on these days.

14. Agent000

Best Answers:
    Yes it was. You exploited the system to scam those that paid good money for the adverts. That is why Google clamped down.

15. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Check this thread out: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/which-is-the-best-alternative-to-google-adsense.2701177/

We didn't scam... it was business. It was investing & getting a return. It wasn't illegal :

n. A fraudulent business scheme; a swindle. (it wasn't fraudulent)
    tr.v. scammed, scamĀ·ming, scams
    To defraud; swindle. (we didn't defraud or swindle).

16. writtalin

writtalin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have signed up with Chitika before, but if I recall, they don't use display ads as much...I think those are more aesthetically pleasing. Any site that offers good image-based ads?

17. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What about a second tier site, like 7Search - something like that. Actually, I think there are a ton of them.

Type this into a Google search: alternative to google adsense

Annea, Mar 11, 2014 IP
  18. writtalin

writtalin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Maybe I was too hard on Chitika. It's beginning to display pretty similar ads to adsense. Just needed some time to warm up apparently.

writtalin, Mar 12, 2014 IP
  19. writtalin

writtalin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Signed up for intergi, seems pretty legit. Do you have other suggestions for similar sites? I'm looking to get away from affiliate programs as much as possible.

writtalin, Mar 12, 2014 IP
  20. darkhorse30

darkhorse30 Active Member

Best Answers:
    there isnt really an altenative to adsense. its just adsense and the others

darkhorse30, May 3, 2014 IP