1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Account Disabled - Sad

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by sanjaybharadwaj, Apr 15, 2011.

Sad but true - My AdSense account (which I had from 3 years) has now been disabled. As like any other publisher, all I can do is to scream that I have not clicked on my own ads nor broke any TOS. Yet, what has happened has happened and I believe that there is no chance of getting it back.

I have however, with a ray of hope filed an appeal (with explanation of last 1 year's stats that I have recorded in Stats Counter) and I have not got any response to it. I have also requested for a review at Google AdSense Support forum but none of the Top Co0ntributors out there have bothered to take at look at my issue.

I do not want to do a mistake of creating another account. I hope that my existing account is reinstated though "hope" does not help, as Google believes in reality rather than pleading, begging or requesting them to reinstate an account.

It is just so unfair that Google bots automatically disables accounts which it feels has broken the TOS. And only after filing an appeal, a human would review the account. And I am pretty sure that they would go with their technology (bots) as they feel, a human can make a mistake but never a bot !!!!!!

I will let you know guys if my appeal (feels like I am a culprit appealing in jail :) is treated on a positive note. I just felt like sharing it with all my DP friends out here, so just posted this thread. Cheers :)

sanjaybharadwaj, Apr 15, 2011 IP
  2. wfgsp

wfgsp Member

Best Answers:
    Yes google is sometimes extremel unfair to publishers. Even publishers who earn $10 + a day is peanuts to google and they don't really care about the individual. I have been banned then I got my account back after a few months of appealing and fighting. Sad to say but the google bots are not perfect and often make mistakes.

wfgsp, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  3. nabeelzzz1

nabeelzzz1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I feel the same , when i got banned i make a new gmail id and apply for a new account and they approved my account,and i'm using that account with no problem.

nabeelzzz1, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  4. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    before you sign up adsense, they ask you to read their aggrement which stated that they have right to remove your account with their own reason and you already agree with that. So, nothing much you can complaint
    Just go appeal and wish you can get back your account, if not, go for other PPC advertising

lifeplayer, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  5. xapuc

xapuc Member

Best Answers:
    It still happens to many publishers

xapuc, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  6. thesaifeye

thesaifeye Member

Best Answers:
    yes. sad. look forward to get rid of it.

thesaifeye, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  7. kshu

kshu Member

Best Answers:
    Did AdSense emailed you the reason for disabling your account? From my experience, they do that.

kshu, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  8. jackie8k

jackie8k Peon

Best Answers:
    All the very best dude..

jackie8k, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  9. ferozahmed

ferozahmed Peon

Best Answers:
    i no. but i wont know.

ferozahmed, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  10. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Can you copy the email they've sent you? You don't mention any specific reason they'd have given you in their email.
    If you do an appeal without knowing what made them ban you, how can you do a successful appeal? What have you written in your appeal if you don't know why you have been banned in the first place?

JamesColin, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  11. sanjaybharadwaj

sanjaybharadwaj Member

Best Answers:
    Hi James. The mail says this -

Hello,

After reviewing our records, we've determined that your AdSense account
    poses a risk of generating invalid activity. Because we have a
    responsibility to protect our AdWords advertisers from inflated costs due
    to invalid activity, we've found it necessary to disable your AdSense
    account. Your outstanding balance and Google's share of the revenue will
    both be fully refunded back to the affected advertisers.

Please understand that we need to take such steps to maintain the
    effectiveness of Google's advertising system, particularly the
    advertiser-publisher relationship. We understand the inconvenience that
    this may cause you, and we thank you in advance for your understanding and
    cooperation.

If you have any questions or concerns about the actions we've taken, how
    you can appeal this decision, or invalid activity in general, you can find
    more information by visiting
    http://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=57153.

Sincerely,

The Google AdSense Team

Now if I take a look at this email, it does not give any specific reason. One thing is for sure - It is not because of invalid clicks as the clicks that I used to receive were genuine, and pretty less too. There are days where I received no clicks too. Moreover, I have all stats recorded at Stats Counter and I found no unusual activity. I am ready to provide any stats to Google that they ask for, and I did explain this to them in the appeal form.

sanjaybharadwaj, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  12. rakkfm

rakkfm Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't worry if you are right then nothing should wrong many users compliant that they never broke TOS or click on ads himself but after scrutiny the matter Google's activate the account again so keep e-mailing them with proofs.

rakkfm, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  13. handsoff

handsoff Member

Best Answers:
    That is very sad man, for three years and in only one shot they disabled your account. I wish they tell you the reason.

handsoff, Apr 17, 2011 IP
  14. kshu

kshu Member

Best Answers:
    They hint in the email they sent you that the reason is invalid clicks. There are many threads from people with low traffic that get banned from invalid clicks. I think it's often true, they do click on their ads or tell their friends, family, etc and those persons click on ads. I'm not saying this is your case.

In your place, I would wait until my traffic increases to around 1,000 visitors per day if your project is serious or maybe less if it's something casual. Then make an appeal at http://www.google.com/support/adsense/bin/request.py?hl=en&contact_type=appeal_form&rd=1. The link they sent you contains a lot of info to consider as well, such as http://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=57153#q2.

Make sure you follow all guidelines as well, this is a good place to start https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/topic.py?hl=en&topic=16754.

Good luck.

kshu, Apr 17, 2011 IP
  15. BurnOut

BurnOut Banned

Best Answers:
    Wait wait wait...

So you can be banned by bot from adsense???

I mean there are bots for blogs and often bots ban blogs for no reason, so if same s*** with adsense...well...
    Actually i thought people get banned by other people who works in google, but not by bots...

BurnOut, Apr 17, 2011 IP
  16. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's true that this email doesn't give any reason, it's too vague.

JamesColin, Apr 17, 2011 IP
  17. 1812

1812 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Another one bites the dust...

1812, Apr 17, 2011 IP
  18. mrrocky314

mrrocky314 Peon

Best Answers:
    try alternative maybe adbrite

mrrocky314, Apr 17, 2011 IP
  19. ashras99

ashras99 Peon

Best Answers:
    Only 3 years, My 6 years old account get disabled yesterday. They send me a page URL and said, you are breaking the TOS on this page (which was created 2 years back) so fix this within next 3 days and I fixed the problem within 1hr and after 3 days they mailed me and said.. you have not fixed the problem so we are disabling the account. In 6 years no warning, no invalid clicks... and now disabled.

ashras99, Apr 17, 2011 IP
  20. sanjaybharadwaj

sanjaybharadwaj Member

Best Answers:
    None of the other ad networks pays like AdSense, that's the problem. If there were enough competitors who paid like AdSense then no one would have cribbed so much after getting an account disabled.

Currently, it is only Google AdSense which pays a high CPC (for any niche) compared to any other ad network. So, trying hard to get the account back!

sanjaybharadwaj, Apr 17, 2011 IP