1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense account banned

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Nyphra, Feb 1, 2006.

1. ~Julia~

~Julia~ Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh wow, these forums are so useful for picking up tips on what NOT to do.

I had no idea I couldn't (or shouldn't) login to Adsense via another computer. I check my account from work all the time. I'll stop doing that now.

Thanks for that tip.

~Julia~, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  2. letas

letas Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a question.
    Is it by IP or PC?
    So if i have wireless and i connect to my account from my laptop from a public IP and someone else also logs in from that IP (but from is laptop) is there a problem?
    Thanks!

letas, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  3. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    It's for people who tend to use local networks to check out their adsense accounts, such as from schools (there have been a few of those) or some workplaces. The problem arises when an unusual click-pattern emerges from those networks. Schools are the worst since word spreads that 'Smiffy' has a website and other students check it out, often from the same computer that has a Google cookie identifying it as the Adsense owners account.

I don't imagine there would be a problem logging in from a public access on your own laptop.

mcfox, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  4. Juan G

Juan G Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, about logging in from other people's computers, in fact there seems to be only a small, moderate risk and no problem in most cases, unless someone (like a friend, etc.) starts clicking on your ads from one of those computers.

Indeed, some of the "banned account" threads on AdSense forums have been from people using computers on school networks, etc. Another post was about a boy trying to "help" his father out, probably from the home computer. You know, there are many different cases and possibilities.

About IPs, cookies, etc., only Google knows the details about their algorithms for fraud pattern detection, how they deal with dynamic IPs, etc. We can only guess, try to be completely within the program policies, and also try to prevent misunderstandings.

There is also the well-known tip of adding a line to the hosts file in order to avoid displaying your ads, especially on the computers in your home, etc.

Juan G, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  5. letas

letas Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok.
    Thanks for your help. :)

letas, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  6. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can login from any computer, but when finished go to control panel - internet option and delete cookies, files and history, - just in case of.

Arnie, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  7. Lisper

Lisper Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah definitily be careful with that: back when I started with Adsense I told my parents how I make money with my sites if someone clicks a ad. My mother then suggested she could click the ads to make me some more. I ofcourse said she should absolutely not do that. I check my earnings from their home sometimes if she would have actually clicked the ads I would have been so f***** :D

Lisper, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  8. wwm

wwm Peon

Best Answers:
    ip addresses are only a part of the bigger picture

google track each and evry one of us

they have so much data that the can make up a bell curve (remember statistics lectures) and just look for any outliers, these are very highly likely to be fraud

people who make money by frauding google are not the ones clicking on their own adverts, these are the people with better algorithms than google

wwm, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  9. Nazgob

Nazgob Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I think it's hard to have a better algorith then google. People who cheat google know that it's short therm. But for some of them, 100-1000$ is worth a ban.

Nazgob, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  10. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    whoa

Some of these are not correct

Sorry that is viral marketing and wont get you banned...Google has no clue what anyone does when not online.

Second I have traffic that comes from other sites much more than search engine traffic and earns me plenty of revenue,

This has no bearing on adsense accounts. Google's own employees travel to other locations and log into their adsense accounts on other computers and networks.

I have logged into my account from a Kinkos and public librarys, relatives and friends homes my account is still in good standing.

Lastly Google is not on a witchhunt...the poster posted I am sure only one part of the story....Google cannot present their part of the story... but I am sure they had good reason.

Sem-Advance, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  11. Juan G

Juan G Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course, many people do it and as I said there is evidently no problem in most cases, but sometimes there is indeed a serious problem. For example, from well-meaning friends or relatives in a clicking marathon, and especially -not exclusively- if they use a computer associated to you by logging in.

We can see it on forums from time to time; I mentioned already the case of the son clicking the father's ads, who lost his AdSense account. I've also needed to refuse a relative's unwanted "help", just like another poster on this thread.

Google's invalid click team seems to analyze quite well the data, and the risk of a misunderstanding is not great but it exists: in a few cases, after sometimes long investigations, AdSense has reinstated accounts canceled in error.

Therefore, in addition to honesty and an exact compliance with the program policies, extra precautions to avoid misunderstandings are justified for many publishers who consider an AdSense account something valuable that they don't want to put at risk, even if it's just moderate risk.

Juan G, Feb 3, 2006 IP