1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense 1099 tax form

Discussion in 'Payments' started by Carol K, Mar 4, 2005.

I'm doing my taxes and when I looked closely at the Google 1099, I see that they sent me a "Copy B - for recipient" and a "Copy 2 - to be filed with the recipient's state income tax return. "

So which one of these do I file with the Federal? :confused:

Carol K, Mar 4, 2005 IP
  2. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm, wish I could help more, but I think this may be one of those where you're going to have to contact Google about this.

Infiniterb, Mar 4, 2005 IP
  3. Carol K

Carol K Guest

Best Answers:
    I just recieved a response to my email to google actually, they said they didn't know, contact your Tax Advisor.

Hard to believe nobody else on this forum filed a 1099 from google? Amazing!

Carol K, Mar 4, 2005 IP
  4. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Haha. I know I'll be filling something next year as my first two checks will be a good sized amount.

Infiniterb, Mar 4, 2005 IP
  5. tsptom

tsptom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hate to give inaccurate advice but I believe Google sends a copy of the 1099 to the IRS. You just have to report it and the match is done on their (IRS') end.

tsptom, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  6. tsptom

tsptom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What I want to know is, where is my Overture 1099? I received one from Google and Commission Junction but nothing from Overture. Does this mean I didn't hit the minimum with them, because that is possible? Did anyone else get one from Overture? Was it for less than $600 or whatever the minimum is? I can't screw up my taxes.

Thanks

tsptom, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  7. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, google does send a copy, but most places send the individual a copy that is filed with the taxes. At least that's what is done for regular W2's.

To be honest, the best people to ask about taxes is an accountant. We can probably give our best guess, but the IRS wouldn't care about that if something came back wrong :)

wendydettmer, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  8. tsptom

tsptom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are right, the W2's do go but you don't file your 1099 with your federal return. Just as you don't send your bank or mortgage 1099-INT or 1098.

tsptom, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  9. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah i see.
    well, i believe you, but that doesnt' mean i will ever understand why the IRS does what they do :)

thanks for the clarrification

wendydettmer, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  10. Carol K

Carol K Guest

Best Answers:

Ok, thanks for your replies, this actually makes more sense and explains why I don't have a copy to send to the IRS.

So, I keep one for myself, and send the other one to the state, if they ask for it. Thank You!

Carol K, Mar 7, 2005 IP
  11. xjessie007

xjessie007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya, you keep the 1099 that Google sends to you. But do you have to send one out if you hire a guy online in India and pay him $500 for contract work?

xjessie007, Dec 25, 2010 IP