1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ads Won't Change

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Chiara, Sep 15, 2004.

I redesigned one of my pages and put it up on a test page like test.htm ... all of the Adsense ads were highly relevant. However, when I put this new code up on the real page, it fell back to the old, irrelevant ads that the old page had. The HTML is the same, title and meta tags the same. I tried switching from index.html to index.htm to see if that would trigger the spider to reevaluate but it's been 24 hours and nothing doing. Any ideas on how I can encourage it to show the ads it showed on the test page?
    SEMrush

Chiara, Sep 15, 2004 IP
    SEMrush
  2. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Takes time.... Doesnt happen immediately, especially when the page isnt new and the content is different.

joeychgo, Sep 15, 2004 IP
  3. Chiara

Chiara Peon

Best Answers:
    This has happened before and it never changed, even after two weeks, so I was wondering if anyone had a special trick to making it work.

Chiara, Sep 15, 2004 IP
  4. Chiara

Chiara Peon

Best Answers:
    Seriously, this has never happened to anyone else? I've got one page that never changed to the new ads. It's been about a month for that one. I realize it takes time, but they are never changing. I guess this is considered a stupid question, but it's a real issue and I'm sure I can't be the only one.

Chiara, Sep 16, 2004 IP
  5. hdpt00

hdpt00 Peon

Best Answers:
    It happened to me. I emailed them and 2 days later I saw a hit from a google user agent (non googlebot though) and it was fixed within a few minutes and got an email back from them. Send off an email letting them know.

hdpt00, Sep 16, 2004 IP
  6. Chiara

Chiara Peon

Best Answers:
    Groovy, I thought about emailing them but didn't want to be a pest. I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Chiara, Sep 16, 2004 IP
  7. Chiara

Chiara Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, it worked! I emailed them and now I have ads. Thanks!

Chiara, Sep 17, 2004 IP
  8. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I find that my ads on my pages are always similar and hardly change. If they change it can take nearly a month.

john269, Sep 17, 2004 IP
  9. Chiara

Chiara Peon

Best Answers:
    They sent me a kind email to let me know they checked the page and it should be working now. I love Google.

Chiara, Sep 17, 2004 IP