1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ads that fade in and fade out..

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by TeleCH, Oct 3, 2005.

Hi,

I work company that has an application that allows a content provider to fade in and fade out a "donation plea" - sort of like an NPR / BPS "this site is supported by users like you"..

The end user makes a donation - the donation plea goes away for a month.

We're toying around with allowing the content provider to add in a banner ad. So - the ad fades in and fades out over the page content at each page load. If the end user pays a "fee" a buck or so - they no longer see the ad fade in and fade out for a month..

Would anyone hear have a reaction to that? Good, bad - wouldn't work because..

Cheers,

TeleCH

TeleCH, Oct 3, 2005 IP
  2. tesla

tesla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think that would be an interesting concept. As the page loads most viewers eyes will notice the fade in which stands out from the rest of the text. I think it would be a great idea, but eventually if it gets really popular people will eventually ignore it. Of course, by that time you would have become wealthy from it and can move on to another great idea.

tesla, Oct 6, 2005 IP