1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ads not showing

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by webDeveloperDave, Mar 17, 2015.

I've searched around everywhere and there is ZERO information about troubleshooting AdSense. I have found a small list of simple things but there seems to be nothing in this area.
    Maybe it's time we start a sub-topic for troubleshooting AdSense?
    My problem is that the ads do not show up. They do but they don't.
    I can surf to my site on my iPhone and I see ads (desktop site). I surf to it on my desktop and I do not see ads. I can start apache on my MacBook and run the site locally and I see ads in all browsers I test with. I push my content out to the hosting service: GoDaddy - and I do not see ads. I analyze the page and there are iFrames inserted into the document where the <ins> tags are that Google AdSense replaces with the ads. But no ads. The background-color I set it to show whenever ads are not present has never worked. I've never been rejected by Google. I can surf the web and see ads on sites all over the place with AdSense on them.
    What could be causing my ads to not show up? Does anyone have any ideas or any experience with this issue?

webDeveloperDave, Mar 17, 2015 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    url?

Agent000, Mar 17, 2015 IP
  3. webDeveloperDave

webDeveloperDave Peon

Best Answers:
    www.webdudle.com

4. webDeveloperDave

webDeveloperDave Peon

Best Answers:
    the ads are supposed to be 3 mediumRectangle on the right side. when I analyze the document I see Google has stuck all kinds of iFrames inside of iFrames in the spot where the ads go but nothing is visible. the ads are not showing. I find it hard to see how users can click on the ads if they cannot see them. any clicks that do happen will be purely accidental - including me.

5. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    maybe you cannot see them in your home pc only. Check if you have a software installed that automatically stops banners to appear.

6. webDeveloperDave

webDeveloperDave Peon

Best Answers:
    I fixed it. The first thing I did when I got home to look into it was check - what's the difference between my laptop and the host - I found some coding changes I made and took away but didn't take it away from the host.
    The ad killer was this: my login and sign up boxes were initially dropping down over the ads and I was afraid that would be a problem it may lead to accidental ad clicks so Google may flag me for that so I made the login / sign up boxes above the ads using z-index - had to make the ads relative with a low z-index to make sure they'd stay under the boxes (the boxes are absolute). Anyway - just making the DIVs that hold the ads position: relative was enough to cause them to not display!
    In the end I decided to move the boxes over into the middle of the page. I forgot to take away position: relative on the ads DIV. That alone caused the ads to not display properly. The fix was to remove position: relative from the ads DIVs.