1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ads in a phpbb3 forum

Discussion in 'phpBB' started by giants10, Dec 4, 2008.

Hello,

I keep trying to place ads in my new forum that I want to release but I keep getting this error response
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in tpl_DVGFX2_overall_footer.html.php on line 16

here is the file

"<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->{RUN_CRON_TASK}<!-- ENDIF -->
    </div>

<!--
    We request you retain the full copyright notice below including the link to www.phpbb.com.
    This not only gives respect to the large amount of time given freely by the developers
    but also helps build interest, traffic and use of phpBB3. If you (honestly) cannot retain
    the full copyright we ask you at least leave in place the "Powered by phpBB" line, with
    "phpBB" linked to www.phpbb.com. If you refuse to include even this then support on our
    forums may be affected.

The phpBB Group : 2006
    //-->

<div id="wrapfooter">
    <!-- IF U_ACP --><span class="gensmall">[ <a href="{U_ACP}">{L_ACP}</a> ]</span><br /><br /><!-- ENDIF -->
    <span class="copyright">Powered by <a href="http://www.phpbb.com/">phpBB</a> &copy; 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
    <BR />
    DVGFX2 By: <a href="http://dvgfx.com">Matt</a>
    <!-- IF TRANSLATION_INFO --><br />{TRANSLATION_INFO}<!-- ENDIF -->
    <!-- IF DEBUG_OUTPUT --><br /><bdo dir="ltr">[ {DEBUG_OUTPUT} ]</bdo><!-- ENDIF --></span>
    </div>

</body>
    </html> "

they didnt say where to put the ad code at all, where should I place it?

giants10, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  2. kailash

kailash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure about the fix for this problem. But it seems that the error is coming from the file where either {U_ACP} or {L_ACP} is called. Also you will need to "Purge Cache" after making the changes in the code otherwise the changes will not be reflected. You can purge it from admin panel.

Kailash

kailash, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  3. fullymodded

fullymodded Guest

Best Answers:

Here is your error

<!-- IF U_ACP --><span class="gensmall">[ <a href="{U_ACP}">{L_ACP}</a> ]</span><br /><br /><!-- ENDIF -->

fullymodded, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  4. kriss_reea

kriss_reea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i also needed to bring in some google ads, but no success .... not even an error , only they don`t show up ...

purged the cache, everything ... hmm... any ideas ?

kriss_reea, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  5. fullymodded

fullymodded Guest

Best Answers:
    What code are you entering?

fullymodded, Dec 6, 2008 IP