1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

"Ads by Goooooogle" Geotargeting now??

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Redleg, Jan 22, 2005.

I've just discovered something on my site that I haven't seen before..

It's always said "Ads by Gooooogle" at the top/bottom of every adsense ad block before, but today it said "Annoncer fra Goooooogle" in my forum...
    That's almost Norwegian for "Ads by Goooogle", change the c with s and it's correct.. :)

The ads here at DP, and every other site I've tested now still have the text in english...

Anyone seen or heard about this??

Attached Files:

Redleg, Jan 22, 2005 IP
  2. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, i thought everyone had already noticed this.

im getting ads for physical places i know around the county. (as in province of a state, for those of you whole live outside of america)

david_sakh, Jan 22, 2005 IP
  3. Redleg

Redleg Raider

Best Answers:
    ????? :confused:
    Are you talking about the Adsense ads or the "ads by goooooogle" text now??

Another strange thing is that I can only find this in one of the topics in my forum, the rest of them says "Ads by Gooooooogle" and "Ads by Google"....

Redleg, Jan 22, 2005 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    They have been geotargetting AdSense ads for a long time.

digitalpoint, Jan 22, 2005 IP
  5. Redleg

Redleg Raider

Best Answers:
    I know that, but I'm not talking about the ads, but the "Ads by Goooogle" text at the bottom of the ad blocks..

I've never seen that one in any other languages than english before..
    see the attachment in my first post for an example.

I do only see it in 2 topics in my forum, the rest (including here at DP) says "Ads by Gooooogle"..

Redleg, Jan 22, 2005 IP
  6. Redleg

Redleg Raider

Best Answers:
    Bumping up my own thread here, but I've been mailing back and forth a bit with adsense support about this now.

I got a couple of the usual canned replies, but I finally managed to get a human reply (I hope).. :)

It turns out that I was correct, and they are experimenting with geotargeting that text (No, I don't mean the adsense ads!) now.
    But it doesn't seem to work very well yet, since I've only seen it on a couple of pages, and the text was in Danish (on an english site), and I'm surfing from Norway.
    And I can add that the ads in that ad block were in English, not Danish or Norwegian.

I found it in Norwegian on a couple of pages on a Norwegian site I run, but on most of the pages there it's still in English as well.

I hope I made myself a bit more clearer in this post, since I'm not talking about the ads, but ONLY the "Ads by Gooooogle" text.. :eek:

Redleg, Jan 26, 2005 IP