1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ads by Google / Anúncios Google

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by eduardomaio, Feb 4, 2005.

Today Adsense ads on all of my websites are showing two lines from Google instead of one... Now I see:

Ads by Google
    Anúncios Google

You can see an example in the attached file.

It's a little annoying... And when you click on that links you will see a page that is translated, but still has snippets of english, not everything in portuguese.

First was Anúncios Gooooooogle, now this... :( Why don't they stick to the normal one? Just Anúncios Google or Ads by Google depending on your geo location...

Attached Files:

eduardomaio, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  2. Redleg

Redleg Raider

Best Answers:
    It looks like they are experimenting with the Geotargeting of that text now..

I've recently started to see the text in Danish on one of my sites (an English site by the way), and I'm surfing from Norway..
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=8389

I mailed them about it, and they (finally) told me that they were experimenting with geotargeting the "Ads by Gooooogle" text on some pages/sites.
    As far as I've experienced myself, the text have only been geotargeted to the language of the specific page before (it is correct on a Norwegian site I run), and they are starting to geotarget it towards the location of the surfers now.
    But it doesn't seem to work 100% yet...

Redleg, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  3. EJNBell

EJNBell Peon

Best Answers:
    Looked at http://www.directorypt.com/ from UK, and I see the bi-lingual titling (Ads by Gooooooooogle Anúncios Google), but on the home page 2 ads in Portuguese which don't seem relevant to someone browsing from UK, and 2 in English which do seem relevant.

Regards,

Noel

EJNBell, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  4. eduardomaio

eduardomaio Peon

Best Answers:
    So is it beeing geo-targeted via the language of the website instead of the user? I don't mind, but there is no use in two lines saying the same, but in different languages.

eduardomaio, Feb 4, 2005 IP