1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ads appearing??

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by pk_synths, Jun 30, 2004.

Anyone noticed their AdWords ads aren't showing up? I turned on Content Matching 2 weeks ago and ever since than I cant seem to find my ads on Google at times. I can take my top 20 keywords and go 5 pages in and not see them. Google still reports they are being served but no matter what I do I cant find them.

When I search several hours later they appear on the first page usually around the #5 spot. From nothing to #5. Strange.

I kept my bid the same (.10) could this be an issue? Seems that once I turned on CM I get buried.

Anyone?

-PK

pk_synths, Jun 30, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Are you getting anywhere close to your daily spending limit? Maybe it throttles them back because of the added volume of impressions you get from content matching.

digitalpoint, Jun 30, 2004 IP
  3. pk_synths

pk_synths Peon

Best Answers:
    The spending increased because of the additional traffic from CMing but no where near my daily budget. Would they turn off the ads because of increased impressions??? I average about 180,000 impressions per day. I would think Google can handle that.

Maybe increasing my minimum bid might help.

pk_synths, Jun 30, 2004 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Maybe the overall bids for the keywords has been going up, so maybe you are pushed down. You could test it I guess and disable the CM portion without changing anything else, and see if you appear in the search results again.

digitalpoint, Jun 30, 2004 IP
  5. Christopher

Christopher Peon

Best Answers:
    Or perhaps others have bid higher and then they meet there max budget your ads move up. Hard to say, I certainly haven't gotten the nuances of google figured out... but I'm here to learn :)

Chris
    andrews.com

Christopher, Jun 30, 2004 IP
  6. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    Our AdWords ads aren't showing either.

We just started on the 29th and we don't see any impressions.
    We are on a tight budget, but the ads should at least show once so we know they are working right?
    The current daily budget is about 1/4th of what AdWords "recommends" but we should at least get our ads shown right?

I am confused, please help.
    Thanks.

Such Great Heights, Jul 1, 2004 IP
  7. bhutz

bhutz Peon

Best Answers:
    I am having a similar problem in that my Adword ads aren't appearing.
    I have a daily budget of £5.00 at first to check how this works and the status of my keywords is Moderate.

When I click on estimate traffic for the keywords I intend to use the estimate clicks/day is only 0.3 or something ridiculous like that.

Does anyone here know where I may have gone wrong?

bhutz, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  8. bhutz

bhutz Peon

Best Answers:
    No lie but about 1hr 15mins after I made the post saying my ads weren't appearing I get a welcome e-mail from Google. Then about an hour ago I noticed a cheeky ad hiding at the bottom of the adwords column :D
    I take it that the stats relating to impressions don't update that quick?

bhutz, Aug 24, 2004 IP