1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

{AdPosition} results in Value Track

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by JonR, Aug 28, 2013.

I'm using Value Track url's in my ads, and for the AdPosition parameter I'm getting some results with an "o" rather than "s" or "t" between the page/position numbers (eg "1o2")

Any idea what this refers to? I've spoken to someone at Google who didn't know and promised to find out and email me back but hasn't done so yet...
    SEMrush
    I suspect it may mean a mobile ad, as there is no top/side distinction on mobiles...

(For those who are not familiar with it, the AdPostion parameter allows you to see what position the ad was in when the conversion took place, so "1t2" means top of the page position 2, and "1s4" would be side - position 4)

Also, I've implemented Campaign and Adgroup parameters by using the v1 & v2 optional/random fields, so just waiting to see if that works. No idea why the haven't included these parameters in the Value Track model!

JonR, Aug 28, 2013 IP
    SEMrush
  2. JonR

JonR Peon

Best Answers:
    Finally got a reply from Google. "o" is "other" and refers to bottom or mobile positions

JonR, Aug 30, 2013 IP