1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adoption question. No involvement or some

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by shahab6, Jul 12, 2015.

When my friend was 15 she had a baby and 1 year later her baby was taken away as she got into a fight with her dad. And she never went to court to get her kid back.. so her kid was given to some family.. 4 years latet, she visits her kid maybe once a month. Everytime she does she gets very depress and very sad. So some of her friends are telling her you should stop visiting her all together. There like she's gone already and just forget about her.
    So yesterday she ask me this question, I didn't know what to say. I was like once ur child is 12 she can see u anytime she wants. Don't stop visiting her, because when she's older she will see u as a stranger, and won't want to see u. So what do u guys think?

shahab6, Jul 12, 2015 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    She should go to court and fight to get the child back. Sh*t happens, we all screw up, but it's her child and nobody else's. Unless, of course, she's unfit to be a mother. But if she's stable (mentally / emotionally) and can take care of the child, she should fight. Visiting the child and raising the child are two different things. She's missing on some much of the girl's life that is irreversible and can't be fixed when she is 12. Your friend and the child will never develop the closeness a mother and her child normally do. She really should consider fighting this in court.

qwikad.com, Jul 21, 2015 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If she is asking the question, she has doubts, herself, about whether she cares enough to fight to stay in her daughter's life. @qwikad.com correctly points out that there are other options besides A., status quo, and B., completely ending contact. She could fight in court for sole custody; or joint custody, or she could fight simply for more visitation rights; or perhaps there are other creative alternatives. But, if she does not have that "mother's fight" in her, then perhaps she should consider Option B.

jrbiz, Jul 21, 2015 IP