1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdExchange vs other network orders within DFP

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Sillybeee, Jan 8, 2015.

Hi All,

I have been trying to work this out for awhile, and i am hoping you guys can help.

I have a DFP account to help adserve, within which i have an campaign setup for AdExchange (AdX) under the type of "AdExchange".

And i have another programmatic buyer setup within DFP, under the campaign type of "Price Priority" with a super high value CPM of $15. Value CPM as you know by DFP definition means it can help DFP prioritise where the inventory goes first.. (daily imps cap for this order is high enough that my site can't deliver it...)

**Google Adsense/AdX team has given me the following explantion**
    By setting up the AdX campaign under type of 'AdExchange', this will allow DFP to dynamically allocate impressions available based on the CPM set for that order.

So if someone via AdExchange bids on my inventory at a higher rate, it will help AdX win that impression ahead of the other buyer.

This seems like a perfect world! So with the current setting, i would expect all imps going to AdX would yield a much higher eCPM given the other buyer's value CPM is $15! Otherwise,most impressions should go to the programmatic buyer first.

Looking at my report though, this doesn't seem to be the case.
    Most impressions go to Adx and eCPM is lower than the other buyer.

Do any of you know truely how the campaign type of AdExchange works? Or would you suggest setting up the AdX line under campaign type of "Price Priority"?

any tips?

Thanks
    Queenie

Sillybeee, Jan 8, 2015 IP