1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Addsense from yahoo

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by aix4200, Jun 9, 2005.

Does any one aware of any updates from yahoo on it's own yahoo addsense , a month ago i read yahoo is going to launch beta addsense ??

any news ...

aix4200, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  2. Yukio

Yukio Peon

Best Answers:
    They're calling it adsense too? :confused:

Yukio, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  3. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    No news yet

fryman, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  4. Andi

Andi Peon

Best Answers:
    If Yahoo ads appear to mimic AdSense® it will violate AdSense® TOS for them to appear on the same site. Frozen out of any producing AdSense® site, all they'll get are the AdSense® rejects.

It will be tough but if Yahoo gets any traction at all it may cause AdSense® to pay more. :)

Andi, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  5. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    andi you're extremely wrong about that. If you've read anything on these forums or any other webmaster/seo forums you'd know there's a butload of webmasters/seo's who dislike the adsense program and would hop onto yahoo's in a heartbeat.

I'm doing (what i consider) very well with adsense and I'd even at least try out yahoo to compare the ups/downs of each.

yo-yo, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  6. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    That's exaclty what I am wondering about Google. I am sure they know that when Yahoo starts their program there will be millions of webmasters jumping on to the boat to at least try it out. I wonder what they will do to keep their current publishers.

fryman, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  7. Andi

Andi Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya, none who are making good money will bail. AdSense® rejects... It's true that many whose earnings have dropped will go, there are many. I would too. But from Google's pov losing the poor performers is a good thing. High bandwidth per click = low margin.

Andi, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  8. Andi

Andi Peon

Best Answers:
    That was my point, you can't without breaking AdSense® TOS. Start a new site to try and you'll have a poor basis for comparison...

Leave AdSense® and return when Y! fails and you may find things have changed for you. A risky move.

Andi, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  9. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think so. I personally know several people making several thousand dollars a month "part time" with adsense, and they have said they would switch over to yahoo as soon as it came out. A lot of people (even successful ones) only use adsense on their sites because it's the only one that really pays well. When there is real competition we shall see...

Me, I would most likely switch a site or 2 ( i have many ) over to yahoo just to see how things went, and as long as they were decent I would most likely branch out half my sites to each ( i like to diversify :) ).

yo-yo, Jun 9, 2005 IP