1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Address finder for website, cheap/budget options for the UK

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by SpeedBird81, Oct 2, 2020.

Hi All,

This is my first post and I have no web design or HTML experience so please excuse the naive nature of this question. I'm building a website with my friend and we require a postcode or address finder for the UK (initially). It's a very common functionality on many different websites but on researching the topic, I was surprised most of the APIs like Postcodes.io, Adressian, getaddress - charge by number of searches made. Now don't get me wrong, they're entitled to charge for these services but we have very little budget, I'm afraid that the costing plans offered by these companies isn't really affordable for me.

Question for this forum: are there any alternative solutions we need to be looking at, any vendors that maybe cheaper than the ones I've been able to research, appreciate your expert guidance on the subject.

Thnx,

SpeedBird

SpeedBird81, Oct 2, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    sarahk, Oct 2, 2020 IP
  3. SpeedBird81

SpeedBird81 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply, I'll look into the link you've provided however, the post office API is free for a bit after which they charge per inquiry, I don't know if there's a free version for it.

SpeedBird81, Oct 5, 2020 IP
  4. denis bayly

denis bayly Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

If an API call limit of 20 per-day would
    suit your requirements, then this site..

https://getaddress.io/

...will give it to you for free. :)

One small proviso though...

Expires after 30 days
    (extended on request)
    coothead

denis bayly, Oct 7, 2020 IP