1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adding to the CMS Conversation

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Altus, Jun 5, 2005.

It seems like the consensus here for a cms solution is Mambo. However I have had great success using xoops. Is there a glarring problem with xoops that i simply too naive to know. Or do CMS reach a point in development when they vary very little between applications.

Altus, Jun 5, 2005 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'll think you'll find it's a matter of taste. I reviewed Xoops but it didn't fit for me but there are plenty of people who are passionate about the CMS. The best thing to do is review the code at http://www.opensourcecms.com and make you own decisions.

For me the biggies were the number of components available, the energy and activity in the forum and security. I can't remember exactly why Xoops didn't fit though :)

As for the amount they vary - they vary significantly! Their whole approach can be so different and the number of resources can differ alot.

You'll find alot of people like phpNuke and I also like e107 but felt it was a bit immature.

My 2c

Sarah

sarahk, Jun 8, 2005 IP