1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adding the Google Analytics tracking code - problems

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by de7erv, Nov 27, 2014.

Hi all,

I'm trying to add the Google Analytics code to my website in order to track visitors. I spend hours last night trying to get it to work but it just wouldn't work! I tried everything.
    I used the <script> tags, I used the PHP file and insert into the HTML file.
    I tried Google Tags but wasn't really helpfull at all..

What could be the reasons GA doesn't pick up anything?
    Could it be my host settings, faulty HTML code?
    I also removed all javascript since it can interfere if it uses the same variable names as the GA code but still nothing..
    At this point, I'm going to try another theme to see if I have the same problem..

Some insight is appreciated ;)

de7erv, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Since you don't provide any code-examples, it's impossible to give any proper advice - you're not even telling us what kind of system you're using. Is it Wordpress? Joomla? Drupal? Some other system?
    It should basically be enough to insert the script-code in the template-files - but if there is some special way the code is being interpreted, then it's paramount that you give us a bit more information.

PoPSiCLe, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  3. Super Achiever

Super Achiever Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Are you using Wordpress? There's a plugin that can help you place tracking easier.

Super Achiever, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  4. thenikhil

thenikhil Member

Best Answers:
    It will also not work if you pasted from MS Word. Try to copy whole code again from GA account and replace exiting code.

thenikhil, Nov 29, 2014 IP
  5. O-D-T

O-D-T Member

Best Answers:
    Link to a testing page would. Also note that, except for realtime analytics, you will always see stats for a visitor with a minor delay.

O-D-T, Nov 29, 2014 IP
  6. Naina S

Naina S Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just put the analytics code in your master page head section if you are using an asp.net website.
    If wordpress put it inside the head given in header.php
    If every page are individual and have their own head tag you have to put it in every page head.
    Just copy and paste the code given by google.

Naina S, Dec 6, 2014 IP
  7. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Why in the world would you recommend putting anything in the HEAD of a page? Recommended placement of such code is directly above the end body-tag - right before the end tags of the page, basically.

PoPSiCLe, Dec 7, 2014 IP