1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adding RSS Functionality to my Blog

Discussion in 'XML & RSS' started by raeba, Nov 29, 2005.

Hi,

I removed the RSS/XML code from my blog (MT) index pages and never syndicated my blog.

However, I have been considering it lately and have some issues I'd like answered (please):

1). If I allow RSS now, will people get all of my previous (older) entries presented in their RSS Feed Reader, or will it only show those that are written after I've enabled RSS capabilities? My guess is that it will show all of the entries back as far as the reader is configured to show. Is this correct? If so, do you know what the average default number of entries is?

2). Do you know of any information that I can read on how to append a message to the bottom of each entry when it is picked up via RSS/XML? In other words, I want to put a section "About the author" at the bottom, but don't want it to show on the blog (Movable Type), just at the bottom of articles viewed in syndication.

Thank you very much :)

Raeba

raeba, Nov 29, 2005 IP
  2. jawinn

jawinn Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. I've seen most people, including me, set their RSS feed for 3 to 5 articles.

2. I don't know how you would attach a message to the bottom of each entry or how much good it would do because RSS clients can be set to display just title, title plus one or two lines, or title plus the first paragraph. I'm not aware of too many people who would set their RSS feed to display an entire entry.

Hope this helps

jawinn, Nov 29, 2005 IP