1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adding More Articles For The Same Keyphrase

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Ajeet, Sep 26, 2004.

Suppose I have a page optimized for a particular keyphrase. I mean on page, off page and all that jazz. Now, I want better ranking. If I create a dozen more articles for that keyphrase, will it help? I know that each of them will get a throw of the dice for higher ranks. But, I want to know if you believe that having 10 pages for the same keyphrase helps build up the ranking.
    Thanks
    Ajeet

Ajeet, Sep 26, 2004 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Not unless you would link from all new ones to the old one. Or whatever combination to just one. So that one gets relevant links in, best with good anchor text.

If you don't back up your strategy with proper linking you will only compete against yourself. But in Y you could end up claiming 10 spots of the top 20. G will amalgamate the results into two max.

T0PS3O, Sep 26, 2004 IP
  3. Ajeet

Ajeet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm ok. To take this further, is there any reason to believe that G would say "Hey this site seems to have 10 articles on this topic (i.e. keyphrase), hence it is likely to offer more value (all other things being more or less equal) than this other site that has only one article?

Is that kind of intra-domain, inter-page correlation done?

Thanks
    Ajeet

Ajeet, Sep 26, 2004 IP
  4. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I don't know the algo, but I doubt they do that. Computationally, it would be too hard to do for 4 billion pages from half a billion sites. IMO that is.

T0PS3O, Sep 26, 2004 IP
  5. PRBot.Com

PRBot.Com Guest

Best Answers:
    For Yahoo you would get hige benefits. For Google not really.

Yahoo loves spam sites so the more the better.

PRBot.Com, Sep 26, 2004 IP
  6. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    In general, no. However, there are two exceptions to the rule.

1. If your menu includes links to the other articles in each article, then the keyword rich anchor text will count for both the source and destination links in the menu.

2. Google shows up to two results from each web site. The second result is indented, which makes both results stand out in the SERPS. Because of this, there is an advantage to having up to two pages on each targeted search phrase.

Will.Spencer, Sep 26, 2004 IP