1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adding lareg numbers of frequently changing relevant pages.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Owlcroft, May 3, 2004.

1. Owlcroft

Owlcroft Peon

Best Answers:
    Others can, and should, offer comments. But let me point out a couple of things.

PageRank is a mathematical construct. Every page indexed by Google has some PR, even with the most minimal in-link to it. Thousands of such pages all pointing at your home page, even discounting for their low individual PR, and the sometimes-hypothesized discounting by G of links from your own site (a discounting I for one don't believe in, but some do), that's still some non-trivial PR delivered.

Second, this is not some off-the-wall gimcrack PR-pad scheme; there are tens of thousands of Amazon Associates (maybe hundreds of thousands) with similar setups; it is a perfectly legitimate undertaking.

Third, it is not "duplicated" content. The basic data are, of course, the same for a book, no matter who lists it how--but the presentation of that data, preferably in a convenient, useful, "value-added" way, is quite distinctive. One might as well argue that all books in the world are "duplicate content" of a dictionary.

Why doesn't everyone "learn the code"? I couldn't say. Why doesn't every webmaster practice good SEO?

My relatively new little site, in the highly competitive SEO field, has 9,560 indexed pages; 4,380 backlinks; and PR 5--all as of the now rather stale G data. It ain't Digitalpoint, but I'll take it. And I await the update eagerly.

Owlcroft, Aug 30, 2004 IP
  2. a389951l

a389951l Must Create More Content

Best Answers:
    Eric,

First thanks for the reply back and the explanation on PR. Useful for a new webmaster (1yr and counting).

I think my comments may have been a bit direct but as a relatively newcomer to the webmaster scene we may ask a few seemly basic and sometimes stupid :D questions. And I am most likely going to be using some flavor of AWS on my site. I was just trying to solicit some knowledge around this topic. Some of it was implied through many posts, I guess I was looking for a direct answer.

Many thanks again for the comments and passing some of that knowledge around!!:cool:

a389951l, Aug 30, 2004 IP
  3. Spyware Remover

Spyware Remover Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the Christmas gift!

AJ

Spyware Remover, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  4. mream

mream Guest

Best Answers:
    I got everything installed, seemingly correctly, but I don't see the individual titles listed on the alphabetical sheets. Is there something I can tweak or check?

Thanks,

Matt

mream, Jan 4, 2005 IP
  5. Owlcroft

Owlcroft Peon

Best Answers:
    Matt, please email me at with a slightly fuller description of the difficulty, and the URL of your package directory. We'll go from there.

Do please be aware that I will be out of town Wednesday and Thursday the 5th and 6th, so your inquiry--and a few other pending inquiries--may not get addressed till Friday (though I'll see what I can squeeze out as time).

Owlcroft, Jan 4, 2005 IP
  6. Danno

Danno Peon

Best Answers:
    Eric -

Thanks for the time and effort evident throughout this forum thread.

I am downloading the package and will give it a try today.

Danno, Jan 11, 2005 IP