1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adding GoogleAds to BB

Discussion in 'PHP' started by wrmineo, Jul 4, 2005.

I need some help, this site is very new, but once it starts pulling in traffic, I want to be able to add Ads into it. Any help - please?

The site is strictly phpBB http://female-pics.com/BB/ can it be done? How?

Thanks!
    w®m

wrmineo, Jul 4, 2005 IP
  2. l234244

l234244 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the first thing you should do is update to the latest most stable and secure version of phpBB.

l234244, Jul 4, 2005 IP
  3. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    Cool, and thanks; but, can you elaborate a little please? I own the domain and moderate the site, but another designer has built - what should I advise him to update to?

Thanks!

wrmineo, Jul 4, 2005 IP
  4. nddb

nddb Peon

Best Answers:
    Lordy, you definitely want to patch or update phpbb 2.0.11 is pretty bad. They are up to 2.0.16, immediately he should take that version #, as that is usually a good sign the board is exploitable, in higher versions they do not have it in the footer.

Go to www.phpbb.com, read their announcements forum, and apply the patches. Or upgrade to 2.0.16, I would suggest very quickly.

And yes, it's easy to put google ads in phpbb, look at the theme, there's html files for the header and footer, you can put it in /BB/templates/<your template>/overall_header.tpl.

nddb, Jul 4, 2005 IP