1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adding an RSS/XML feed

Discussion in 'Programming' started by schlottke, Apr 13, 2004.

1. l0cke

l0cke Active Member

Best Answers:
    Something of note.. Blogger uses Atom feeds. You will either have to parse the atom.xml file or convert it to an RSS feed and parse the resulting file. I would recommend parsing the atom.xml file.
    SEMrush

l0cke, Jul 7, 2004 IP
    SEMrush
  2. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    thanks i'll see what i can find :)

TwisterMc, Jul 7, 2004 IP
  3. Owlcroft

Owlcroft Peon

Best Answers:
    You betchum, Red Ryder.

That principle is widely believed true, and--amazingly for Google--it makes sense. Pages with content that changes frequently are at least likely (not certainly, but likely) serving ever new and fresh information, so it makes sense that they would be more "relevant" for a given term than, to make a simple comparison, the same page with no changes.

<plug>

It is for that reason that I, among many, feel it important for every page of a site to have some legitimate, relevant content that changes frequently, and that was the drive behind the various free items on the SEO Tools, Toys, and Packages Site, which items are designed to accomplish just those ends.

For a real-estate-based site, a perfectly reasonable example of relevant content that necessarily changes often is a weather report for the appropriate area, hence the "Weather" drop-in module, already in use on some RE-based sites. Also, the "Freebie" package, which adds several thousand apparently static but actually dynamic pages to any site, can be used for book titles relevant to real estate in general, or to the area in question (it, too, is in use on some RE sites).

(Moreover, some of these give one lots of internal links back to one's own front page.)

</plug>

RSS feeds may be important for some sites and pages, but it's always nice to have internal changing content that is 100% under one's own control.

Owlcroft, Jul 7, 2004 IP
  4. payoutwindow

payoutwindow Peon

Best Answers:
    I am gonna go back to something mentioned earlier in the thread but I feel was not fully address or not real consensus was reached.

The PR Drain Issue :confused:

I am considering running an RSS feed, with say 5-10 headline stories linking back to the external sources.

These will be on my front page, and possible the only external pointing links on the front page.

Is the PR drain really going to be a factor as all 5-10 links in total will be pointing to one domains at the end of the day??

payoutwindow, Jul 7, 2004 IP