1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adding a new page to an existing site

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by agpvoodoo2, Aug 27, 2004.

I recently redesigned my website which is a PR6 and I of course kept all the pages on the site that were ranked however I added a few new pages including some that are linked to from all the pages in the site and the homepage. How long does it take for these new pages to ranked? They are already indexed in google but does it take a new google update before they are ranked? I was under the impression that any pages linked from the homepage are usually a Pagerank of 1 less then the homepage. Can anyone explain this to me?

Thanks.

agpvoodoo2, Aug 27, 2004 IP
  2. l0cke

l0cke Active Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the forums!

If you are referring to keyword ranking - It all depends on how competitive the keywords are on your new pages. I have seen non-competitive keyword pages rank within 48 hours of being spidered.

If you are referring to the "public" pagerank - This will only update when Google decides to update it. If Google has spidered your new pages then they will most likely have pagerank, it is just not publicly available for you to see...

l0cke, Aug 27, 2004 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The PageRank you get on a sub-page really depends on how high of a PR (low PR6 vs high PR6 for example) you have on the main page (which is impossible to tell), as well as how many other links are on the page.

digitalpoint, Aug 27, 2004 IP
  4. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think anybody has answered your question yet. I think you are asking how long before you will see a PR value attributed to these pages.

If that is correct, the answer is the next time Google does a PR update. Currently they seem to be a couple updates behind. Everyone is hoping and speculating that an update will be forthcoming shortly.

However, this has absolutley nothing to do with where your new pages might appear in the SERPs. The pages are given credit for the links as soon as Google indexes them, and SERP adjustments follow. The actual PR upgrade is just a reporting function, which for some reason is current a couple of month behind.

compar, Aug 27, 2004 IP