1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adding a New Domain To Hostgator

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by HustlinHard, Jan 11, 2008.

Currently I only have one domain name registered with Hostgator (mydomain1.info), I went to dotster.com and registered a new domain (mydomain2.info) on which I will create a completely new, unrelated to my first domain, site. I changed the name servers at dotster, to point to my hostgator ones. Then I went to Hostgator and typed the following:

New Domain Name: mydomain2.info
    Username/directory/subdomain Name: mydomain2
    Password: newpassword

then it brought me to a screen that said the following

mydomain2.INFO has been setup. It can be accessed via the subdomain mydomain2.mydomain1.info. FTP access has been granted with the user name and the password....

Is this creating a SUBDOMAIN?? Or a DOMAIN? Because I want to create my new website at mydomain2.info and thats the address I want, not mydomain2.mydomain1.info

sorry if this is newbie, but it is the first time i'm adding a new domain to my account.

HustlinHard, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  2. ac_sites

ac_sites Member

Best Answers:
    I tried HostGator awhile back and found it confusing in many regards. I went with 1and1.com and have had no problems at all trying to do the exact same things I was trying to do on Hostgator.

ac_sites, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  3. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Cpanel creates a subdomain for addon domains. You will upload all your files to that directory, but it will be accessible by yourdomain.com.

snowbird, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  4. save

save Active Member

Best Answers:
    The way I add new domains at my Hostgator account is to use Cpanel then go to "Addon Domain" then add the domain there. Then in your ftp you can access the domain folder in the public_html folder

save, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  5. HustlinHard

HustlinHard Peon

Best Answers:
    got it, thanks guys, i just didn't realize what happened right away.

and also for some reason, it seems as thought the domain doesn't require much time to propogate as my first one did. I was already successful in installing a BANS store on it, and i just registered like and hour ago.

HustlinHard, Jan 11, 2008 IP